Date: 7 May 2019
Manufacturing a PVB interlayer to the highest industry standards is a specialist’s business that requires real know-how as many different factors can impact the quality of the end product. The success of the manufacturing operations comes from EVERLAM’s high standards and ability to consistently produce PVB film of the highest quality.
ISO 9001 certified, the plant and the team who runs it are reputed throughout the glass laminating industry.
Over the past 3 decades the plant has undergone changes, extensions and upgrades to keep up to the standards:
- 1989: start up of the extrusion line by DuPont for the production of Butacite®
- 2001: line extension + jumbo width for architectural products (3,21 m wide capability.)
- 2012: lean packaging hall
- 2015: the plant is taken over by EVERLAM and Butacite® becomes EVERLAM™ PVB interlayer
- 2016: pilot line installed to provide extra capability to develop new products
- 2019: enhanced extrusion capability
Germany is considered the center of chemical process expertise. Located in the Ruhr valley, the plant benefits from excellent connections to major roads and railways networks and is at the door step of international ports such as Hamburg, Rotterdam and Antwerp.