Eastman Chemical Company, manufacturer of the Vanceva® Color Interlayer System for laminated glass, is now accepting nominations for their international design recognition program, 2020 Vanceva World of Color Awards™, which is inspired by the liberal use of Vanceva Color Interlayer System in both exterior and interior architecture and design. Professional architects, interior designers, glass fabricators, engineers and other industry professionals interested in submitting work for the 2020 Vanceva World of Color Awards™ can now enter their projects.
This international design competition spotlights the use of colored laminated safety glass in building design and interior spaces around the world. The entry deadline to submit basic project information is Saturday, February 29 at 11:59 pm CST. There are no entry fees and entries can be uploaded at www.vanceva.com/woca/submit-a-project.
A pre-selection process will take place with qualified project submissions on Monday, May 4. Final submissions will be due Sunday, May 31 at 11:59 p.m. CST. Winners will be announced on Thursday, July 16th and formally recognized at the Glasstec International Trade Show in Düsseldorf, Germany, October 20-23, 2020.
“The award is a wonderful opportunity for those in the industry to showcase their glass-inspired creations in a format that brings together an international audience of their colleagues and peers, while increasing awareness for glass design practices, principles and possibilities,“ says says Priya Kalsi, Global Market Segment Manager for Advanced Interlayers for the Vanceva Color Interlayer System.
There are two notable changes to the contest this year. For the first time, projects may be submitted in languages other than English. This includes French, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, and Japanese. Also this year is a chance for anyone to cast a vote for their favorite project. All submitted project nominations will be released on the Vanceva World of Color Awards website for a two-month public voting period.
The Vanceva Color Interlayer System enables architects and designers to create custom colors and one-of-a-kind aesthetics by incorporating color into glass and glazing systems using tinted interlayers, which are laminated between two pieces of glass. A palette of 16 colors can be combined in up to four layers to produce more than 17,000 transparent, translucent, and solid glass colors.
With Vanceva, architects and designers are featuring glass in their projects like never before; producing a whole new aesthetic to exterior and interior applications such as balconies, curtain walls, atriums, skylights, partitions, conference rooms, and glass doors. Vanceva color interlayers also offer all the benefits of polyvinyl butyral (PVB) interlayers for laminated safety glass, including security, solar control, sound insulation, and UV protection.
The Vanceva World of Color Awards competition is an international recognition program open to any professional involved with architecture and design. Below is key information for project submissions:
- Submissions of projects can be done electronically at www.vanceva.com/woca.
- All entries must include the liberal use of Vanceva laminated color glass products.
- Step 1 When entering a nomination, please include the basic project details (project’s name, location, architect, and glass laminator).
- Step 2 Once all of the project nominations are submitted, they will be released together on the Vanceva World of Color Awards website for public voting. The voting period will be open for two full months.
- Step 3 If your project is preselected, you’ll be asked to complete an in-depth questionnaire to give a descriptive overview of the project, explain your inspiration and vision, and provide further details.
- Include detailed photography of the glazing used in the project as well as several additional photos that portray the overall scope of the project. Interior and exterior views are preferred, if possible.
- Design studio sketches, drawings and renderings that help communicate the location, and form and function of the glazing in the overall design are also strongly encouraged.
- No entry fees are required.
- There is NO limitation on the completion date of the project.
- Projects submitted from previous Eastman competitions are not eligible for consideration.
- Any individual or group of individuals contributing to the design of a project may submit a nomination. Multiple entries from an individual or group are acceptable.
- Projects will be judged by an international jury and can now be submitted in English, French, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, and Japanese.
- Winners will be determined by a jury panel made up of leaders from the international architectural and design industries. Winners will receive a glass display award and recognition in all media relations efforts associated with the competition.
Eastman Saflex® and Vanceva® brand PVB interlayers are the most trusted name in PVB interlayer technology for laminated glazing, delivering outstanding performance and durability, backed by reliable and knowledgeable service. As a result, Eastman interlayers are found in nearly 40 percent of laminated architectural and automotive glass worldwide.