Date: 17 April 2018
We are looking for the best use of colored laminated safety glass in building design and interior spaces around the world.
Entry for Eastman’s Vanceva® World of Color Awards™ Extended to April 30
Architectural Competition Recognizes Industry Professionals Who Utilize Color Glazing in Design Projects
Eastman, manufacturer of the Vanceva® Color System for laminated glass, has extended the entry deadline for nominations to their bi-annual Vanceva World of Color Awards™. Professional architects, interior designers, glass fabricators, engineers and other industry professionals can now submit projects by April 30, 2018 at 11:59 pm CDT.
Each year this international design honors architects, interior designers, glass fabricators, furniture designers, glazing contractors, engineers and artists for their innovative use of colored laminated safety glass in building design and interior spaces around the world. There is no entry fee and all entries can be uploaded at www.vanceva.com/woca/submit-a-project.
A pre-selection process will take place and qualified project submissions will be announced Friday, May 4. Final submissions are due Thursday, May 31 at 11:59 p.m. CST. Winners will be announced on July 16 and will be formally recognized at the Glasstec Trade Fair in Düsseldorf, Germany, October 23-26, 2018.
“The purpose of this award is to recognize the best of the creative disciplines from around the world and create awareness for glass design practices and principles,” said Doug Marren, Marcom Manager Advanced Interlayers for the Vanceva Color System. “Being recognized as a winner of the Vanceva World of Color Awards brings international recognition and visibility to a project.”
The Vanceva Color System offers architects and designers unparalleled creative freedom to incorporate color into glass and glazing systems using tinted interlayers, which are laminated between two pieces of glass. A palette of 16 colors can be combined in up to four layers to produce more than 17,000 transparent, translucent and solid glass colors.
This gives designer’s unmatched flexibility to create custom colors and one-of-a-kind aesthetics. Vanceva color interlayers also offer all the benefits of polyvinyl butyral (PVB) interlayers for laminated safety glass, including security, solar control, sound insulation and UV protection.
The Vanceva World of Color Awards competition is an international recognition program open to any professional involved with architecture and design. Below is key information for project submissions:
• Submissions of projects can be done electronically at www.vanceva.com/woca/submit-a-project.
• All entries must include the liberal use of Vanceva laminated color glass products.
• When entering a nomination, Step 1 includes the basic project details (project’s name, location, architect and glass laminator). If you are preselected, you’ll be asked to complete an in-depth questionnaire to give a descriptive overview of the project, explain your inspiration and vision, and provide further details.
• No entry fees are required.
• There is NO limitation on the completion date of the project.
• Projects submitted from previous Eastman competitions are not eligible for consideration.
• Any individual or group of individuals contributing to the design of a project may submit a nomination. Multiple entries from an individual or group are acceptable.
• Projects should be submitted in English (as the jury is international).
• Include detailed photography of the glazing used in the project as well as several additional photos that portray the overall scope of the project. Interior and exterior views are preferred, if possible. Design studio sketches, drawings and renderings that help communicate the location, and form and function of the glazing in the overall design are also strongly encouraged.
• Winners will be determined by a jury panel made up of leaders from the international architectural and design industry. Winners will receive a glass display award and recognition in all media relations efforts associated with the competition.
Saflex® and Vanceva® brand PVB interlayers are the most trusted name in PVB interlayer technology for laminated glazing, delivering outstanding performance and durability, backed
by reliable and knowledgeable service. As a result, they are found in nearly 40 percent of laminated architectural and automotive glass worldwide.
# # #
Notes to Editor: Vanceva®, Saflex® and World of Color Awards ™ and all other trademarks listed below are trademarks of Eastman and/or its affiliates. Eastman is a global advanced materials and specialty additives company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With a portfolio of specialty businesses, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. Its market-driven approaches take advantage of world-class technology platforms and leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction and consumables. Eastman focuses on creating consistent, superior value for all stakeholders. As a globally diverse company, Eastman serves customers in more than 100 countries and had 2016 revenues of approximately $9.0 billion. The company is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA and employs approximately 14,000 people around the world. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
Americas: Janet Ryan, +1 314-822-8860 | +1 314-614-7408 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Europe: Delphine Kirscht, +32 2 746 51 29 | email@example.com
Add new comment