Date: 1 February 2024
Saint-Gobain Glass proudly announces the achievement of the Cradle to Cradle Certified® certification at Bronze level for its float and coated glass products, including low-carbon glass ORAÉ® as well as laminated glass products, manufactured in Europe*.
Saint-Gobain Glass products are the first building glass products certified with the latest version 4.0 of the standard in all the five Cradle to Cradle Certified® categories, as detailed below. This significant milestone underscores Saint-Gobain Glass' unwavering commitment to sustainability leadership within the glass manufacturing industry, fostering a circular economy and minimizing the environmental footprint associated with its glass products.
The Cradle to Cradle Certified® (C2C Certified) version 4.0 Product Standard is a rigorous and comprehensive assessment of a product's environmental and social impacts throughout its entire life cycle.
"Obtaining the Cradle to Cradle Certified® Bronze-level certification for our Float, Coated and laminated Glass products is a proof of Saint-Gobain commitment to sustainability and environmental responsibility," said Fabrice Desmons, International Marketing Director Building Glass. "We are honored to be recognized for our collective efforts in creating products that not only meet high standards of performance but also pave the way to more sustainable construction."
Key highlights of the Cradle to Cradle Certified® certification:
1. Material Health: Saint-Gobain Glass products have been scrutinized for the use of materials that are safe for human and environmental health, and Platinum level has been achieved.
2. Product Circularity: Saint-Gobain Glass actively encourages the recycling of materials, contributing to a closed-loop system. Saint-Gobain Glass Recycling initiatives are being developed allowing recovery of increasing quantities of post-consumer cullet. Products on PLANICLEAR® achieve Silver level, while ORAÉ® achieves the highest-level Platinum thanks to its recycled content attaining 64%.
3. Clean Air & Climate Protection: Saint-Gobain Glass demonstrates in production facilities its dedication to reducing its carbon footprint by reducing its use of fossil fuel thanks to continuous improvement and utilizing more and more electricity from renewable energy sources in its manufacturing processes. Bronze level is achieved.
4. Water & Soil Stewardship: Saint-Gobain Glass actively manages water resources in its production facilities, ensuring responsible usage and minimizing water impact. Silver level is achieved.
5. Social Fairness: Saint-Gobain Glass production facilities embrace their role as responsible corporate employers, emphasizing fair labor practices and community engagement. Bronze level is achieved.
For more information about Saint-Gobain Glass and its Cradle to Cradle Certified® products, please visit: https://www.saint-gobain-glass.com/C2C-cradle-to-cradle-certified-certification
This certification completes the EPDs (Environmental Product Declaration) and HPDs (Health Product Declaration) already published by Saint-Gobain Glass, and demonstrates once again our commitment to provide transparent communication regarding the environmental footprint of our products as well as health impacts, helping customers and stakeholders to make informed and more sustainable choices.
*See details on the Product Registry on the C2C Certified website here: https://c2ccertified.org/certifiedproducts. Saint-Gobain Glass products manufactured in our facilities of: Eggborough (UK), Aniche, Salaise-sur-Sanne (FR), Avilés (SP), Pisa (IT), Porz, Stolberg, Torgau (DE), Dąbrowa Górnicza (PL).
About Saint-Gobain Glass
Saint-Gobain Glass is the brand that cares about building better for people and the planet by offering solutions that deliver sustainability and performance. At Saint-Gobain Glass, we design, manufacture and market glass solutions for facades, windows and interior design. www.saint-gobain-glass.com