Date: 10 December 2020
As the end of the year draws closer, Vitro is offering two virtual Continuing Education (CE) opportunities this month. We hope you’ll join us for our last Glass Insider Education webinar event, which will earn you 1 AIA LU/HSW credit.
Friday, December 11, 2020
2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. ET
Bird Friendly Glazings and Challenges
Presented by Ed Bartlett, Architectural Manager at Walker Glass
This course will review:
- Basic understanding of birds, their importance as well as the magnitude of this environmental challenge.
- Causes of bird collisions with glass and the most important risk factors to consider in your design.
- How research and key findings that took place over the last decades can reduce the risk of bird collisions and how they are applicable to your building design.
- The latest legislation's and standards in North America and how they play a major role in your specifications.
- Effective bird collision deterrence solutions and actual case studies where acid-etched glass and transparent UV markers were successfully used.