Date: 19 October 2022
In the United States, green building strategies that can help reduce energy consumption are increasingly being introduced to traditional building codes. As a result, architects have questions about how their design and product choices will impact their sustainability goals, especially when it comes to one of the biggest green building programs in the country: LEED, an abbreviation of “Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design.”
In the Vitro Glass Education Center, we asked our experts to answer some questions about LEED certification, including:
- What is LEED certification and how can it be achieved?
- Can building products alone be LEED approved?
- What are LEED credit categories?
- What is LEED documentation, what does it include and what generally is not included?
- What other sustainability certifications exist?
To find out more and read the full article, visit the Vitro Glass Education Center website.
Upcoming CE Webinars & Events
Vitro is offering virtual Continuing Education (CE) webinars as part of the Glass Insider Education webinar series. We hope you’ll join us!
- CE Webinar | Vitro Glass Production, Processing & Performance (October 27, 2:00 PM EST)
- CE Webinar | Understanding Low-e Coatings (November 3, 2:00 PM EST)
- CE Webinar | Vitro Glass Production, Processing & Performance (November 10, 2:00 PM EST)
- CE Webinar | Understanding Low-e Coatings (November 17, 2:00 PM EST)