Date: 8 February 2021
After opening in the fall of 2021, eyrise© s350 will provide instant solar shading at BAFTA 195 Piccadilly, as part of a comprehensive refurbishment to improve facilities and double the building’s capacity, enabling BAFTA to dramatically increase its charitable program.
The British Academy of Film and Television Arts is installing recently developed smart liquid crystal windows to glaze two restored Victorian rooflights on a newly constructed top floor at its Grade II listed headquarters in London.
The refurbishment will reveal the hidden rooflights, built in 1883, for the first time since 1975 when they were covered to create a dark space for a 227-seat cinema.
- Product: eyrise® s350 Instant solar shading windows
- Surface: 158m2
- Number: 82
- Geometry: Rectangles, triangles and irregular pentagons
- Type: Double Glazing
- Color: Neutral grey Mixture D
- Framing system: Bespoke framing system
- Other info: Roof glazing. U channels in secondary seal