Date: 5 April 2021
The NGA recognizes Window Safety Week, acknowledged annually during the first week of April. Window Safety Week was established in 1997 by the Window Safety Task Force in partnership with the National Safety Council to educate homeowners on the roles windows play in a home, particularly for safe egress, while guarding against falls from open windows.
NGA is pleased to support the safe enjoyment windows bring to our environment through its many applicable resources, available for download in the NGA Store.
WINDOW DESIGN AND SAFETY RESOURCES
- Suggested Procedures for Dealing with Broken Glass
- Construction Site Protection & Maintenance of Architectural Glass
- Emergency Egress through Laminated Glazing Materials
- Proper Procedures for Cleaning Architectural Glass Products
- Design Considerations for Laminated Glazing Applications
- Skylights and Sloped Glazing are not Walking Surfaces
- Guidelines for the Production of Heat-Treated Glass
- Heavy Glass Door Design Guide
- Employee Safety Guide
- Detention Facility Glazing
- Blast Resistant Glazing
- Bullet Resistant Glazing
- Security Glazing
- School Security Glazing
- Laminated Glazing Reference Manual
- Glazing Manual
- Glass and Metals 301: Interior Glass
- Glass and Metals 401: Protective Glazing
- Protective Glazing Manual
Share how you’re promoting and engaging in window safety methods using #WindowSafety or #WindowSafetyWeek on social media. Follow @WindowSafetyTF on Twitter for more tips.