This online home for IGCC provides in-depth information and resources to the fenestration industry.
According to IGCC’s John Kent, improving user experience was a main priority of the upgrade.
- Easier linked access to the IGCC resource base.
- Homepage featuring the Certified Product Search where visitors can experience an optimized approach to locating certified IG products and gain more information on specific producers and/or their locations.
- Interactive map of IGCC certified fabricators that simplifies acquiring contact information.
- Testimonials from certified product manufacturers about their experiences with the IGCC program.
- An opt-in selection for future IGCC communications.
- Updated news section with press releases, meeting recaps, and program announcements.
Please visit igcc.org to explore the new website.
The Insulating Glass Certification Council (IGCC) was founded in 1977 in response to the growing demand from insulating glass unit manufacturers, consumers, specifiers, and others who were concerned with upgrading the quality and performance of IG products purchased for use in commercial and residential construction nationwide.
This concerned group recognized the need for a sound product testing and performance certification program, with equal representation of business community interests and the public interest, managed by a highly professional and efficient, independent third-party administrator.
To safeguard against undue industry influence, and the agreement of the public representatives on the IGCC Board of Governors is required for the adoption of all IGCC Board actions. Expert third-party administration is provided by a professional certification program management firm.
Council participants, convinced that certification assures a high level of quality, developed guidelines for the IGCC certification program to implement existing ASTM Specifications as a valid technical base for sealed insulating glass units. The IGCC certification program is predicated on the concept of independent and impartial administration of periodic accelerated laboratory testing and unannounced plant inspections to assure continuing quality product performance