Date: 11 March 2022
Langenthal established itself as an industrial production location around 1900 with its connection to the Swiss Central Railway network. The famous Suisse Langenthal porcelain was also produced here until the 1980s. However, rapid economic and technological progress and the global networking of trade have led to a radical change in the past forty years. The former warehouses and production halls on the so-called Porzi-Areal as well as adjacent buildings such as the director's villa and the administration building are now being put to a new use. The architects Ducksch Anliker envision the site as an independent quarter that combines work, living and leisure fun.
Recently, the office of the Ducksch Anliker Group and its 50 employees moved to the Porzi-Areal in order to be able to oversee and assess its development. A division into smaller units was necessary so that the former factory space could be used as offices. The use of our custom-made, black anodised glass partition wall system SWISSDIVIDE ONE with minimal vertical joints allows the dimensions of the premises to remain visible and the industrial charm to be preserved. On a total of 400 square metres, this has created meeting rooms that enable concentrated work.