Date: 26 April 2023
This year’s theme is Strong Voices, Safe Choices., highlighting why it's important that everyone is empowered to own and act on safety.
"Building strong teams who work safely is the most important job for everyone on every construction site," according to CSW organizers. "It’s our common ground, a belief and a duty that unites us all. The dedicated teams ... overcoming anything standing in the way of getting home safe at the end of the day. Those who are empowered to step in, speak up, and work together to stop anything that puts our safety at risk."
NGA is pleased to share some of its resources that support a safer, more mindful construction industry.
MYGLASSCLASS.COM SAFETY COURSES
Online, on-the-job training.
- MyGlassClass.com Safety Course Bundle
- PPE for Working with Flat Glass
- Safe Glass Handling 101
- Best Practices for Removing Broken Glass
- MyGlassClass.com UL & OSHA Courses for Glaziers
- Including OSHA 10 and OSHA 30 Course for Construction
CONSTRUCTION SAFETY RESOURCES
Manuals and technical papers, available for download in the NGA Store.
- Laminated Glazing Reference Manual
- Glazing Manual
- Construction Site Protection & Maintenance of Architectural Glass
- Suggested Procedures for Dealing with Broken Glass
- Skylights and Sloped Glazing are not Walking Surfaces
- Guidelines for the Production of Heat-Treated Glass
- Safety Resources Hub for Glass & Glazing Companies
- Safety Resources Hub for Residential Window & Door Companies
Articles and blogs from our magazines, Glass Magazine and Window + Door.
- Tips for Working in Cold Weather
- Safety on the Jobsite: Top considerations for heat safety, glass handling and transportation
- 4 Tips for Staying Safe in Extreme Heat
- PPE Advancements for Safety and Comfort
Share how you’re promoting and engaging in construction safety methods using #ConstructionSafetyWeek on social media. Find events and workplace safety promotional resources and follow Construction Safety Week on LinkedIn for more tips and information.