Date: 30 November 2023
Committee Chair Matt Kamper of Woodbridge Glass launched a new task group to create educational resources on Design Build vs Design Assist vs Delegated Design. The group will differentiate between these approaches and identify risks and opportunities for glaziers in each scenario.
Email Amber Johnson to join the new Design Build vs Design Assist vs Delegated Design task group, which will begin meeting in January.
A breakout session of the Glazing Executives Forum brought shower enclosure professionals together to discuss next steps following the publication of NGA’s Frameless Shower Enclosure Design and Installation Manual.
Ideas for new resources include:
- A one-page guide for consumers on expectations for water-tightness, potential design limitations, and safety concerns
- A postcard on cleaning instructions for shower enclosure glass and hardware
- A guide to national and local building codes impacting shower enclosures
- Calculation of oversize panel deflection of two-sided and three-sided support configurations to support enforcing maximum panel height/width recommendations for consumer safety
- Live-action video clips of specific installation issues and best practices
Email Amber Johnson to join the new Shower Enclosures Next Steps task group, which will begin meeting in January.