Date: 31 October 2010
Who are Coloured Glass (UK) Ltd?
The business was originally formed in 1994, and due to trends and changes in the industry the company was restructured in 2009 To create a company to supply the growing coloured glass wall covering market here in the UK. We are based in Manchester, and operate from industrial premises where we produce coloured glass to customers own specifications.
The company has developed a world-class website www.colouredglassuk.com along with an Order management system that collates and helps manage each visit to the companies web site. We have CNC machinery to process our glass, and a unique colour matching facility.
Enquiries are generated via the colouredglassuk.com web site or regular trade and retail enquiries. By adding a franchise we expect a third enquiry stream via local promotion by the franchisee.
Currently once a sale is converted they are processed either directly from the web site and delivered via FedEx UK or for larger projects where customers have asked us to measure, template and install we use our own staff.
Coloured Glass UK Ltd. supplies coloured glass for all types of wall covering, worktop and Vanity applications. Especially suitable for wet areas of the house but also decorative enough for many other applications. Currently the main market is for kitchens as splash backs and upstands, but the beauty and individual nature of the product lends itself in bathrooms, games rooms, lounge and recreational areas – in fact, any part of the home. But it doesn’t stop there, Coloured Glass is great for Bars, Restaurants, Offices and Reception areas. As well as wall coverings, Coloured Glass can be used for coloured work tops. Obviously in thicker materials the worktops look great when fitted out in made to measure situations.
Incorporated with L.E.D lights.
The use of glass as an alternative to tiles provides a far cleaner environment with fewer joints that negates the ingress of bacterial and mould growth. Each piece of Coloured Glass is bespoke to the customers own requirements and own colour choice. We offer over 18000 colours. You can choose from RAL, BS, Pantone,NCS we can also colour match to any other colour manufacturer.
In addition to the wide range of colours you can add a vast range of choices, be it Sparkle, Pearl, Translucent, Multi Colour, and fading is now available.
The contemporary and modern nature of coloured glass is certainly a product that can produce sales for a substantial ongoing period.
We are continually looking for and introducing new products with our ongoing product development.
The contemporary style of coloured glass can be reflected in many products.
• Shower Screens/Shower Enclosures
• Kitchen Worktops
• Table Covers
• Radiator covers
• Coloured glass furniture/Glass Kitchen Cabinet Doors
• Spandrel Glazing Panels
• Glass Signage/Manifestation/Art
The demand for Splashbacks alone is big enough to justify this Franchise opportunity.
Why the Franchise?
We have invested heavily in our processing machinery our web site and order management systems. It is clear from the figures supplied in our franchise proposal there is not only a demand for the product, this demand is on a national basis. We want to grow the business quickly in order to take advantage of the opportunities available via enquiries through our web site.
All our glass would be processed at our Manchester site and distributed nationally so there would be no requirement for further investment in process equipment . We have ensured through diligent planning sufficient capacity in our existing equipment to cover future sales growth volume.
Whilst the business is selling products taken from orders placed through the web site we know that many enquiries would benefit from a site survey and our aim is to make Coloured Glass (UK) Ltd. a “local” business.
The benefits would be:
• Higher sales conversion
• Potential added value by increasing order size
• Potential knock on sales through customer introductions
• Local knowledge of the market and local promotion of the business
In arriving at our decision to franchise explored the potential of us expanding nationally alone or utilising the potential of franchisees who may have greater knowledge of their local market.
The Coloured Glass Franchise Opportunity.
From our experience using mainstream search engines, we know there is a national demand for the products we sell.
We are now looking for franchisees in most parts of the country. Obviously certain areas create more demand and enquiries than others, this would be reflected in the overall franchise cost. From our web enquiries we can collate relevant information for each enquiry. This enables us to gauge the demand in certain areas of the country thus helping us understand the value of each Coloured Glass franchise.
We also know that should we increase our advertising budget which we would do when each franchise area is rolled out the enquiries could amount to four times the current level. We can create a vast amount of enquiries but they do need closing and completing.
That’s where the franchisee comes in.
The opportunity allows you to work from home and can either be supplementary to your current business, a part time opportunity or is great enough to work full time.
Projected incomes obviously vary but the application to work on enquiries and create further local enquiries is imperative in order to achieve maximum return on your time and money. The amount each franchisee earns This would be dependent on the areas and the effort you put into your own business. We can supply detailed examples of projected income levels and what they are based on. You can even calculate your own earnings based on what you believe you can achieve.
It is important for the potential franchisee to remember we can only supply figures based on extrapolations from past experience and obviously we cannot guarantee the future. The real bonus in this is the extra sales you would generate from your own local activity. You may want to carry out leaflet drops or local newspaper advertising, anything that generates extra sales is all profit in your pocket.
It is important that the potential franchisee understands that the franchise will require a great deal of input from them and reliance on our sales leads should not be used as a sole source.
The Coloured Glass Summary.
We are not aware of many if any franchise models that offer the franchisee the following opportunities, advantages and return on investment.
• Potential regular leads
• Minimal ongoing franchise charges
• Work from home or existing premises
• Potential to earn without lifting a finger
• No stock to finance
• Either full time or part time opportunity
• Reasonable entry cost
• Long term brand appeal
• Minimal running costs
• Commercial opportunities with other local businesses
• Potential return on investment less than 1 year.
The Franchise Package Benefits
The list of benefits below is covered in your franchise charge:
• Full access and use of the Coloured Glass UK Ltd. Website set up to trade from day one.
• Your own website integrated with our Order management system.
• £1000 Web or local advertising the choice is the franchisees.
• Templating and Installation training.
• Coloured Glass UK Ltd vehicle with company livery. (Subject to additional Lease Charge)
• Coloured Glass work uniforms – Branded Stationery. Coloured Glass brochures - 5000 initial supply.
• National support via advertising, PR and exhibitions.
• Income from any purchases made in your post code area.
• Income from all sales in the franchisee chosen area.
• Templating and Installation charges from customers.
• Full technical training and dedicated sales coaching
• Full ‘swatch box’ containing 100s of colour samples in a display cases.
• Web advertising, In your own area with possibilities to expand on this.
• All sales leads within the franchise area.
• Full tool kit, with all necessary training and Guidance manuals.
Are You the One, What do we expect from you?
We are looking for a certain type, you will go through, various interviews, however below is a basic list of what we expect from the franchisee.
• Pride in your appearance and your work.
• Ownership of home or office computer with high speed broadband internet access.
• A good level of communication skills.
• Enthusiasm to expand potential sales in franchised area.
• Basic skills allied to joinery or tiling with a basic knowledge of electrics. (This opportunity is ideal for a competent DIY’er.)
• Willingness to promote your business to increase levels and sales.
• You prefer to take a hands on approach to business.
• Effective time management skills.
• An honest approach to all sales.
• Open to advice and guidance.
• Annual accounts showing all Coloured Glass sales.
• A committed attitude to visiting customers. It will get you more sales!
What to do next:
Thank you for taking the time in reading this franchise summary. For a more detailed Franchise pack please call or email us.