At the American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA) 80th Annual Conference, the association's membership ratified the 2017 board of directors.
Mike DeSoto (MI Windows and Doors) is the new chairman of the board, and Donnie Hunter (Kawneer) took on the role of vice chairman. Carl Troiano (Trojan Powder Coatings) accepted Hunter's previous board position as an architectural representative.
"As chairman of the AAMA board of directors, I will focus on three key areas to better serve our members," said DeSoto. "First, refining the national conference schedule to guarantee a balance of professional education, networking and maintenance of the consensus-based standards and certification programs; Second, further development of the InstallationMasters and FenestrationMasters courses, which help our member companies capitalize on a growing market. Third, building alliances with other industry organizations to ensure we are always communicating with a science-based message."
Members of the 2017 AAMA board of directors include:
* Mike DeSoto, Chairman of the Board, MI Windows and Doors
* Donnie Hunter, Vice Chairman of the Board, Kawneer
* Steve Strawn, Treasurer, JELD-WEN
* Georges Thiret, Immediate Past Chairman of the Board, Graham Architectural Products
* Mark Silverberg, Technoform
* Carl Troiano, Trojan Powder Coating
* Mike Turner, YKK AP
* Cristen Baca, Simonton
* Kevin Gaul, Pella
* Rob Luter, Lippert Components, Inc. (LCI)
* Jeff Graby, AmesburyTruth
* Kevin Seiling, VEKA
Affiliated Association Representative
* Margaret Webb, IGMA
Ex-Officio Board Members
* John Brunett, Paradigm Window Solutions
* Kim Flanary, Milgard
* Steve Fronek, Apogee Enterprises/Wausau Window and Wall Systems
* Chuck Gilderman, Vision Extrusions
* Rod Hershberger, PGT Innovations
* Chris Magnuson, Wasco
* Gantt Miller, Winco
More information about AAMA and its activities can be found on the AAMA website, http://www.aamanet.org.
AAMA is the source of performance standards, product certification, and educational programs for the fenestration industry.(SM)