Date: 29 May 2018
Unicel manufactures the Vision Control® extruded aluminum louvers within sealed glass units as a privacy and shading solution for educational facilities and other buildings that require optimized control of safety, vision, heat, light and sound.
“Design matters in schools where the safety and security of our young people are becoming a critical concern,” said Jean-Pierre Rose, General Manager of Unicel.
“Interior and exterior openings, such as viewing windows and door lite inserts, are a major consideration toward protective design that needs to ensure high levels of safety while providing adjustable visibility for monitoring. Visibility is important, but these windowed portals must have shatter-resistant and bullet-resistant glass. Additionally, any privacy solutions must be adjustable - permitting both open views and fully blocked visibility - and strong enough to withstand violent impacts. Our Vision Control® solution competently addresses all these requirements with the added benefit of being hermetically sealed, requiring no cleaning or maintenance.”
Vision Control® Safety Benefits:
- High impact glazing protects against bullets, shattering, fire and violent force.
- Louvers can be angled to provide adjustable monitoring. Viewing can be permitted from one area to the other, but not in the opposite direction, depending on the louver angle positioning.
- Louvers are made with hollow-chambered aluminum to provide maximum strength and maintain the strictly parallel alignment of the blades.
- During emergency situations, the interlocking profile of the louvers offer complete privacy when in closed position.
- Vision Control® units feature double glazing with a 2” airspace that has a Sound Transmission Class (STC) rating on par with drywall and concrete block walls.