Each of the courses are offered as one-hour, in-person presentations to architects through several providers: Harmon, Inc.; Tubelite Inc.; Viracon, Inc.; and Wausau Window and Wall Systems.The AIA/CES courses’ integrated façade design recommendations, project examples and training draw on the technical expertise of all of these companies.Together, they offer the design community balanced and competitive solutions to meet the energy challenges of today’s commercial and institutional buildings.
Those who attend and successfully complete the “Daylighting and Integrated Façade Design” course will learn how to:
* Identify the key variables, components, and benefits of integrated façade design
* Analyze glazing by “daylight” types
* Discover how integrated façade design can create successful daylighting with greater than 30% window-to-wall ratio using performance-based design
* Describe appropriate window size and configuration for use with sun shades and light shelves
Those attending the “Understanding U-Factors” course will be instructed in:
* Identifying five attributes affecting window U-Factor
* Employing at least three design options to improve window U-Factor
* Drafting non-defective specification requirements for U-Factor
* Recognizing other important, energy-related window design factors
Participants receive 1.0 Learning Unit (LU) for Health/Safety/Welfare and Sustainable Design (1.0 LU/HSW/SD) for each program. AIA-registered architects are required to earn a total of 18 LUs per calendar year to maintain their AIA membership. Of these, eight must be in Health, Safety and Welfare (HSW) subjects. Sustainable Design (SD) is a subset of HSW. Four of the eight HSW LUs must meet the established SD guidelines for mandatory continuing education.
To request a presentation or other educational information, please contact:
* Harmon, one of the largest U.S. full-service building glass installation, maintenance and renovation companies, at 877-525-9566, email@example.com
* Tubelite, a leading manufacturer of architectural, extruded aluminum products with high recycled-content, at 800-866-2227, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Viracon, the leading fabricator of coated, high-performance architectural glass for global markets, at 800-533-2080, email@example.com
* Wausau Window and Wall Systems, an industry leader in engineering window and curtainwall systems, at 877-678-2983, firstname.lastname@example.org
Harmon, Inc.; Tubelite Inc.; Viracon, Inc.; and Wausau Window and Wall Systems, Inc. are part of Apogee Enterprises, Inc., a publicly held, U.S. corporation.