Some 45 specialists from across Germany, including Jochen Grönegräs, Managing Director of the Federal Association for Flat Glass, were on hand to discuss current topics affecting the glass processing industry.Clemens Macarei, Manager of LiSEC Germany, expects that the following topics will play a role in the future of the industry: "Visualisation and analysis of production, production efficiency, fault analysis and elimination including preventative maintenance." Following a welcome from Clemens Macarei, Manager of LiSEC Germany, experts gave presentations on current industry innovations from various sections of the glass industry.The participants enjoyed presentations on the following topics:
- EU project MEM4WIN - Elmar Dohmann, Energy Glas and Leopold Mader, LiSEC (Head of Development)
- Flexibility in edge processing - the concept of vertical machining centres - Jürgen Hörlensberger, LiSEC (Development)
- Thoughts on systems of the future - Leopold Dammelhart, LiSEC (Technical Support)
- The nuances of LSG production - Richard Bruckner, LiSEC (Head of Technical Support)
- CleanSeal - logi(sti)cal development in glass take-over - Leopold Mader, LiSEC (Head of Development)
- "What your machines can reveal about your company" - Thomas Radermacher, LiSEC (Automation)
In addition to presentations and discussions, participants were given the opportunity to take a tour of the Energy Glas plant. The Hesse-based production company specialises in the manufacture of highly insulating triple thermal-insulating windows and works with state-of-the art production and software technology provided by LiSEC.
Clemens Macarei, Manager of LiSEC Germany, has a very positive outlook for the future of the industry: "We are seeing investment in highly automated and highly productive complete systems and some additional investment in individual systems."
"Highly flexible systems for edge processing, including bore holes and milled-cuts, are an increasing trend in glass unit processing. All in all, we are seeing an increasing investment propensity for 2016", explains Clemens Macarei, Manager of LiSEC Germany.