If you have ever seen the movie “Step Brothers,” the title of this blog should be all you need to know just how big of a deal GlassBuild America is. These three action-packed days in September are the single largest gathering of industry professionals and product displays in North America.
GlassBuild is the only time of year when every manufacturer has equipment on display in the same room. If you are in the market for handling equipment or machinery, it is the best place to shop and find out what will work for you and your team. There is no other place in the United States where you can see the huge amount of equipment or machines up close and in person. When investing in capital purchases, doing your research is the difference in purchasing the right or wrong machine for your team.
Along with product research, when you are planning your trip for GlassBuild, here are a few more things you must do:
- Download the GlassBuild America app. Every question you have about the show can be found in the app.
- Have a plan. If this is your first or 20th year attending, the best way to get the most out of your show is to have a plan. With the massive show floor and thousands of people, it is very easy to miss out on different activities without planning ahead.
- Talk to everybody. We are all in this trade together. One thing that I love about this industry is the amount of amazing people in it. Take advantage of this time meeting as many people as you can.
- Don’t eat dinner alone. When the show is over, it does not mean it’s time to hit the hotel bed. I personally love getting to talk to colleagues and customers while not always having to talk about the “job.” If you are looking for great dessert, visit PittyPats Porch for peach cobbler (trust me, you will be thanking me later).
- Come by and say hi at the SmartLift US booth. I can’t wait to talk to you!
GlassBuild will always hold a special place for the SmartLift US team as we debuted our equipment to the American market there just three short years ago. From attending these events, it has helped us meet customers from coast to coast and forever change the way glass and windows are handled and installed moving forward. This year at the SmartLift booth, we will have our full line of machines on display for customers to see the SmartLift Difference. Hope to see you at this year’s show.
Steven Brooks is the national sales director at SmartLift US.