Date: 21 June 2022
We are very pleased to inform that the high technical parameters of DAKO PVC windows have been appreciated by Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) and received Canadian ENERGY STAR certification. For the purposes of ENERGY STAR, "residential" refers to products designed to be installed into buildings that meet Part 9 of the National Building Code of Canada.
ENERGY STAR certification has been granted to DAKO windows series DPP-70 and DPQ-82
The advantages of ENERGY STAR certification:
- Increasing the trust of customers in DAKO products - Energy Star label is a guarantee of the highest quality, which results in excellent thermal insulation parameters,
- Possibility to apply for governmental funding - products marked with ENERGY STAR logo are subsidised in aid programmes for joinery replacement,
- Increased competitiveness - windows certified by independent research institutes are more likely to be chosen by investors.
Test and certification requirements ENREGY STAR
All models shall be certified for their energy performance using the following standards as indicated:
- CSA A440.2-14 or CSA A440.2-19 Fenestration Energy Performance
- and/or ANSI/NFRC 100-14 or ANSI/NFRC 100-17 Procedure for Determining Fenestration Product U-factors or ANSI/NFRC 200-14 or ANSI/NFRC 200-17 Procedure for Determining Fenestration Product Solar Heat Gain Coefficient and Visible Transmittance at Normal Incidence
Full list of results of NRCan tests of DPP-70 and DPQ-82 windows by DAKO can be found: HERE