Anchor Glass Fire Caused Little Damage To Building

Date: 21 December 2006
A fire at Anchor Glass on Griffith Street Monday night left little damage and no injures, a company official said Tuesday.

Gary Shears, general manager at Anchor Glass, said the fire that began around 8 p.m. occurred when a "drop of glass" was misloaded and missed the mold that forms the glass.

He said when the glass, with a temperature of about 2,500 degrees, touches anything other than the mold form, it will spark a fire.

"In our business those things happen," Shears said.

Shears said the fire was contained to a small area with the help of Anchor employees and all the surrounding fire companies.

"There was a good reaction by the people here," he said. "The fire companies isolated it in the area."

The estimated cost of the damage was unavailable Tuesday, Shears said, but the one machine that was down due to the fire was expected to be running again late Tuesday.

Read the entire news on the source link below.

600450 Anchor Glass Fire Caused Little Damage To Building
Date: 21 December 2006

See more news about:

Others also read

FRG finds application as doors and windows, partitions, roofs, smoke screens, etc.
Vetrotech Saint-Gobain North America has an abundance of products and knowledge to share with those in attendance.
All the new and innovative products seen at the Glasstec show can be incorporated in the fire rated glass systems that we manufacture today.
Glazed partitions to provide maximum daylight inside the building are the dominating trend in modern architecture today.
Our newest development within the Thermovit® product range is Thermovit® PRO A0. A product that is not only heated, but fire-resistant as well.
350 years ago, a fire started in a bakery on Pudding Lane in London, which went on to rage throughout the medieval city for three days.

From industry


Add new comment