KENNESAW, Ga., August 27, 2007—Solutia's two carpet fiber brands, Ultron® and Wear-Dated®, won numerous coveted ADDY awards at local, regional and national competitions for the brands' 2006 advertising campaigns.Sponsored by the American Advertising Federation (AAF), the ADDY® Awards competition represents the largest creative advertising competition in the world. Entrants go through three levels of competition, from local ad clubs to regional competitions to national/international finals. Fewer than two percent of entries ever progress to the National level.
“We continually strive to find creative ways to deliver useful information to our commercial specifiers, our retailers, and our end consumers,” said Marianne Cone, director of marketing, branded carpet fiber. “Our campaigns are more than just advertising - they are specifically designed to offer information in a stimulating manner enabling the consumers and commercial specifiers to make informed choices.”
Three of Solutia's carpet fiber campaigns were recognized with ADDY Awards:
• Wear-Dated's 2006 By The Foot campaign, a quirky look at carpet from a foot's perspective, includes direct mail pieces, retail rack headers and card toppers designed as tools to help educate consumers about carpet. The campaign won the coveted Delta Best of Show award and a Gold ADDY award at the 2006 local Sacramento ADDY competition, a Gold ADDY award at the 2006 Regional ADDY competition and was chosen as a finalist for the AAF's National 2006 ADDY Awards, which were presented in June 2007.
• Ultron's Hemispheres campaign provides an intriguing and thought-provoking perspective on art and science, and how Ultron carpet fiber offers designers, specifiers and architects both of these elements. It received a Gold ADDY Award at the local 2006 Sacramento ADDY competition and competed as a finalist in the 2006 Regional ADDY Awards competition.
• The What Is Blue? 2007 color forecast presented commercial designers and retailers with colors in their historical context, resulting in a unique perspective on the transition of particular color families over the past 15 years. In addition, it communicated color in the context of taste, feel, sound, smell and vision. What Is Blue? received a Gold ADDY Award at the 2006 local level and a Silver ADDY Award at the 2006 Regional ADDY Awards competition.
The ADDY Awards competition is open to creative of all sizes and from all levels, receiving more than 60,000 entrants annually.
In addition to ADDY awards, each of these three campaigns won a Gold Award at the 2007 Showcase of Print Excellence sponsored by the International Association of Printing House Craftsmen (IAPHS).
For more information or to receive copies of these materials, contact your Ultron or Wear-Dated representative.
Notes to Editors:
• Ultron® and Wear-Dated® are registered trademarks of Solutia Inc.
• The ADDY® Awards is a registered trademark of the American Advertising Federation (AAF).
Wear-Dated® Carpet Fiber
Carpets made with Wear-Dated carpet fiber are tough tested and certified for unsurpassed durability, assuring carpet that looks better longer and is backed by full five-year normal wear and full seven-year stain and soil warranties. For more information, visit http://www.weardated.com.
Solutia (http://www.Solutia.com) uses world-class skills in applied chemistry to create value-added solutions for customers, whose products improve the lives of consumers every day. Solutia is a world leader in performance films for laminated safety glass and after-market applications; chemicals for the rubber industry; specialties such as water treatment chemicals, heat transfer fluids and aviation hydraulic fluid; and an integrated family of nylon products including high-performance polymers and fibers.
Solutia…Solutions for a Better Life.
For more information, contact: