SGG Aquaclean is a self-cleaning glass working on the action of water. When in contact with the glass pane, water spreads across the surface of this layer and produces a cleaning effect. The water then rapidly evaporates without leaving any traces of dried droplets. Fully integrated with the glass surface, the self-cleaning surface has a long lifespan.
The self-cleaning layer provides SGG Aquaclean with unique properties when compared with conventional glass:
- Less frequent cleaning required: the glass stays clean longer,
- Easier cleaning: grime adheres less to the surface. The glass is cleaned by rainwater or a simple hose-down with clean water,
- Lower maintenance costs,
- Less frequent use of detergents helps protect the environment,
- Condensation evaporates more quickly when the self-cleaning surface of double glazing is placed in the building’s interior.
The other properties of SGG Aquaclean (optical, mechanical, thermal, and acoustic) are identical to conventional glass. SGG Aquaclean’s perfect transparency and its visual aspect are unaltered. Similarly, the transformation (assembly as insulation glass, tempering and laminating) and application of SGG AQUACLEAN are similar to conventional glass.
A BROAD RANGE OF APPLICATIONS
With its remarkable properties, SGG Aquaclean is suitable for all building sectors, from new building construction to renovation, especially for all applications where the glass is exposed to rain:
- In individual and multiple dwellings: verandas, loggias, windows and skylights, picture windows, etc.
- In the non-residential sector: curtain walls, flat skylights, exterior display windows, greenhouses, etc.
Available in Europe from November 2001, SGG Aquaclean will be sold worldwide starting in 2002.