As the modern movement continues to spark the imaginations of today’s homeowners, Marvin Windows and Doors is helping them see new possibilities for creating clean, simple lines, uncomplicated by extra adornment, that bring in the beauty of the outdoors.
The new Marvin Modern line is exactingly designed for use in modern architecture, combining uninterrupted sightlines with unbeatable strength, achieving the ideal aesthetic for modern homes.
“Today’s lifestyles are about removing encumbrances and opting for simplicity. People want spaces that are filled with light, take the eye beyond the boundaries of home and into the outdoors,” said Christine Marvin, director of corporate strategy + design at Marvin Windows and Doors.
“Now big expanses of glass can function as walls, removing visual clutter and eliminating anything from getting in the way of the view. As the principals and appreciation of modern architecture become more prevalent in homes across the country, Marvin Modern is our way of supporting this evolving way of life with a solution designed for beauty and function in any climate.”
The company used a holistic approach to develop Marvin Modern, meeting with homeowners, architects, builders and experts from around the world and conducting in-depth research in three dynamic home markets: Los Angeles, San Francisco Bay and Tokyo.
Taking immersion trips to modern homes and notable landmarks in each city, the company searched for the latent, emotive desires that windows and doors meet in homeowners. Among the findings: Modern homeowners have come to expect their living spaces to support their self-awareness, encourage restoration and create a sense of freedom.
New windows and doors: pure, modern aesthetics
The Marvin Modern product line currently offers a Modern Direct Glaze Window in rectangular and polygon shapes, and a Modern Multi-Slide Door, with a Modern Casement Window and Modern Awning Window coming in 2019. The company took a meticulous approach to designing Marvin Modern offerings, with particular attention to the following:
- Sizing: The Multi-Slide Door is available in sizes up to approximately 12 feet tall and 60 feet wide, and the Direct Glaze Window is available in sizes up to approximately 94 square feet.
- Material: Boasts an industry-first, revolutionary high-density fiberglass exterior and an aluminum interior, making the products extremely durable and energy-efficient for all climates. No other modern window and door line employs this fiberglass material in conjunction with this proprietary frame design.
- Energy Efficiency and Performance: All Marvin Modern products achieve a low standard U-Factor of 0.28 with Low E2 argon gas. Direct Glaze single units achieve up to PG60 (performance grade 60), Direct Glaze Mulled units are rated up to PG40 and the Multi-Slide Door is rated up to PG45.
- Technology: The Multi-Slide Door is available with Sliding Door Automatic Control, and all products will be available with Marvin’s factory-installed Lock Status Sensor giving homeowners peace of mind that their windows and doors are securely closed and locked.
- Sightlines: All meeting stiles, which are the frames of a window, will be less than 3 inches, even when mulled together, to maintain consistent sightlines.
- Flexibility: The Multi-Slide Door is available in more than 30 configurations, with stacked or pocket uni-directorial or bi-parting options.
- Colors: Available in a curated palette of ebony, bronze, anodized/silver, gunmetal and stone white, with the ability to split finishes on interior and exterior.
- Hardware: Designed to effortlessly open expansive doors while staying true to the modern aesthetic with sleek, square corners, vertical slide locks and split finishes.
- Aesthetics: Features a low-gloss aluminum interior, a black spacer bar and black sealant to minimize visual distraction while enhancing natural light.
“The strength and sizing of Marvin Modern is truly impressive. For perspective, the scenic door can be almost as long as an entire bowling lane and the largest window could easily fit an average-sized SUV,” said Christine. “We’ve crafted the Marvin Modern line to offer the details architects value when designing a modern home and the features homeowners seek in creating a light- and air-filled sanctuary.”
Marvin Modern products are available at designated dealers across the country. For more information, and to design windows and doors with the Marvin Modern visualizer tool, visit www.marvin.com/modern.