However the recent cut in support for large-scale ground mounted PV clearly shows that government policy makers favour smaller systems.
So is BIPV the way forward and is there a case for it to attract higher rates of FITs? Conventional roof mounted systems are faced with having to address design challenges posed by wind and rain, in contrast to BIPV which actually adds architectural interest forming part of the roof or façade.
By reducing spend on conventional building fabric materials, the incremental cost of photovoltaics is reduced and life-cycle costs are improved. Therefore, BIPV systems can have lower overall costs than PV systems that require separate, dedicated, mounting systems. BIPV systems also contribute significantly to sustainable building design and building energy strategies.
This comprehensive annual one-day conference, running alongside Solar Power UK 2011 will report and advise on available and emerging BIPV products and technologies, addressing architectural aspects in depth.
Delegates will gain an understanding of the latest developments and their relevance to the UK, hearing from acknowledged experts from across Europe
What will I learn at the conference?
- What the challenges and opportunities are for BIPV
- How BIPV can lead to Sustainable and Zero Emission Buildings
- How to include PV systems at early design stages
- An insight into the latest products and those close to coming onto the market
- An understanding of BIPV benefits, including offsetting building material costs
- An overview of International BIPV examples
- Performance of BIPV systems
What are the other benefits of attending
- A unique opportunity to meet and question leading manufacturers and experienced practitioners
- Gain an overview of BIPV examples throughout Europe
- Business opportunities through networking
- Access to all 3 days of the Solar Power PV UK exhibition
- The event counts as 7.5 hours of CPD, accredited by the Construction Providers Network and recognised by all major membership organisations
View the presentations from last years BIPV conference
Click to enlarge
Architects, Engineers, Developers, Planners, PV designers, Installers, Distributors and Consultants.
Sponsorship View the sponsorship packages
About the sponsors
Saint-Gobain Solar Uniquely positioned to deliver across the solar chain, from the design, manufacture and supply of high technology components for photovoltaic modules to manufacturing and distributing crystalline and thin film technology based CIS (Avancis) modules.
In addition to traditional photovoltaic solutions, Saint-Gobain Solar manufactures and integrates innovative photovoltaic systems in houses and buildings with an exclusive design. It provides a range of building integrated solar roofing (BiPV) system for all building types.
Binley Business Park,
Coventry, CV3 2TT
0844 892 2411
Online booking :
This event can be booked online at a cost of £200.00 (plus £40.00 VAT) - Total £240.00 per person.
For more information:
Booking online now