Registration of ATTOCH is expected to accelerate renovations of building windows, with buildings featuring greater energy-saving efficiency and comfort.
Applying Low-E glass ATTOCH, which has been registered with NETIS, to the inside of an existing window converts the windowpane into a Low-E double-glazing glass with high-performance heat insulation and heat-shielding features.
To improve the energy-saving efficiency and comfort of buildings, it is effective to renovate windowpanes, through which heat often passes in and out, into Low-E double-glazing glass. However, to renovate fixed-sash windows, which are often installed in buildings, etc., and cannot be opened, scaffolding is needed outside the room. Such scaffolding increases renovation costs. Furthermore, it is naturally difficult to erect scaffolding around a high-rise building. ATTOCH, on the other hand, can be installed inside a room, so no scaffolding is needed. Besides, installation is easy and takes only a short time.
Unlike a heat shield film, ATTOCH provides high heat-shielding performance in summer and high heat insulation performance in winter. Consequently, ATTOCH achieves high energy-saving performance throughout the year and creates comfortable spaces.
ATTOCH received the Energy Conservation Center, Japan Chairman’s Award at the presentation of the FY2013 Energy Conservation Grand Prize for its high energy-saving efficiency.
AGC will continue to deliver solutions for environmental and energy issues, and provide comfortable living spaces, by marketing ATTOCH, which offers both energy-saving efficiency and comfort.
Junichi Kobayashi, General Manager, Corporate Communications & Investor Relations
AGC Asahi Glass Co., Ltd.
(Contact: Aoi Takahashi; Tel: +81-3-3218-5603; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Product Inquiries: AGC Glass Company Customer Center
(Tel/Navi Dial: 0570-001-555)
< Reference >
NETIS, administered by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, is a database system for sharing and providing information on new technologies, aiming to make the best use of them. Technologies registered in the database are provided to orderers, bidders, and contractors of public works by national, local governments, etc., so that they are best utilized.
- NETIS registration number: KT-130090-A
- Name of new technology: ATTOCH
- ATTOCH provides measures both against heat in summer and cold air in winter, thus achieving enhanced energy-saving performance throughout the year. Once installed, the product helps to reduce air-conditioning energy use by about 33% (30% in summer and 34% in winter), cutting air-conditioning costs by about 570,000 yen a year.*1
- No scaffolding is needed, resulting in lower installation costs.
- Installation takes only 30 to 60 minutes per window.
- Unlike a heat shield film, periodic replacement is not needed.
- The existing glass continues to be used, so its disposal is not required.
*1. Architectural conditions:
Area: Tokyo; Building width: 15 m; Depth: 15 m; Number of floors: 6; Floor area of the typical floor: 225 m2 ; Main direction: south; Height of typical floor: 3.6 m; Glass area of entire building: 432 m2