Rise will be driven by a rebound in residential construction and motor vehicle production. Consumption will also benefit from increasing market penetration of low-emissivity glass, heads-up display windshields, electrochromic mirrors, smart glass and other products.
Safety and security glass accounted for nearly three-fifths of demand in value terms in 2010, reflecting the widespread use of these products in motor vehicles (laminated windshields and tempered window glass) and in nonresidential construction (laminated security glass and tempered fire-rated glass). Although motor vehicles will remain the largest single market for advanced glass products, more rapid gains will be posted in architectural markets. Other advanced flat glass products include well established products such as ultraclear glass and glass used in furniture and appliance markets, as well as new products, such as self-cleaning glass and heads-up display windshields.
The top players in the market are Asahi Glass, Nippon Sheet Glass and PPG Industries. Factors such as increasing demand for energy conservation and implementation of new legislation for safety and noise levels at manufacturing units are fueling higher usage of glass in construction activity. Architectural market for advanced flat glass is expected to benefit from features such as low-emissivity, reflective and smart glass.
In the automotive sector, increased use of value added glass, use of glazing as styling and differentiating feature, and environmental concerns are driving the use of double-glazed glass. The industry is also deriving growth from new smart-glass products such as electrochromic, switchable glass, self-cleaning window glass and heads-up display windscreens. While the expected impact of these products has been slow to develop, it appears that commercialization is finally beginning to materialize.
In this industry scenario, Taiyou Research analyzes the Advanced Flat Glass Market in the US. The report covers the following:
- A statistical analysis of the US market for advanced flat glass.
- Analysis of the demand for advanced flat glass segmented according to products. Segments analyzed include security and safety glass, solar control glass and other advanced flat glasses.
- Industry trends, regulatory framework and the industry structure are analyzed, along with an analysis of the competitive materials to advanced flat glass.
- Markets analyzed in this research report include the vehicle segment, architecture segment, and others.
- Major players are analyzed in this report through a company overview, analysis of business segments, presence in the market, and a SWOT analysis.
This report on the Advanced Flat Glass Market in the US is a comprehensive research offering on the industry.