Newly formed Trex Commercial Products (TCP) will make its debut at the 2018 International Builders’ Show (IBS) with an impressive array of custom railing offerings designed specifically for commercial applications.
With a variety of styles and material options that include glass, aluminum, mesh and cable, Trex’s entry into the commercial railing arena is aimed at introducing builders and architects to the breadth of what’s possible when the company’s legacy of innovation and high-performance is applied to commercial settings.
“From stadiums and large public works to universities and hospitals, no two commercial projects are alike – and their railing systems shouldn’t be either,” noted John Lewis, president and CEO of Trex Commercial Products.
“Instead, Trex Commercial Products takes an individualized approach by designing, engineering and manufacturing custom railing solutions tailored to each specific project.”
Trex Commercial Products will showcase several of these solutions within the Trex Company booth (#W3440) at this year’s show, including:
- Tensiline Cable Rail – A popular look at stadiums and other settings where sightlines are paramount, TCP’s Tensiline Cable Rail system is designed and constructed using stainless steel cables and a selection of stainless steel fittings and turnbuckles. The use of stainless steel cable allows for minimal sightline obstruction, while a variety of materials, finishes and colors are available to create the desired look for any project.
- Gridguard™ Rail – An industrial look that offers strength and security, TCP’s Gridguard™ Perforated Rail and Mesh Rail systems are available in a variety of wire mesh panels and other infill materials, with flexible mounting methods that allow for use in nearly any location. A variety of materials, finishes, colors and infill attachment styles are available to meet specific facility requirements.
- Line Rail – A sleek, contemporary style that offers the luxurious look of glass infill, the Line series is characterized by the clean, modern rod style standoff and glass mount. Builders can choose between top rail and handrail options, determine top-mount or fascia-mount surface attachment, and specify infill glass material, thickness and orientation for complete customization.
- Track Rail – A popular interior look, Track Rail with glass infill provides a bright, airy atmosphere to any setting. The beauty lies in its subtlety, as the system is designed and constructed without the use of vertical balusters or posts between glass infill panels for high visibility throughout the space. The Track Rail system can be customized with multiple cladding options and glass types, including tempered, laminated, low iron, fritted, PVB interlayer, SGP interlayer, colored interlayer and patterned interlayer.
- Dot Rail – The most distinguishable feature of the Dot Rail series is its unobtrusive circular glass mounts attached to TCP’s trapezoidal posts. Both handrail and top rail choices have three distinct rail standoff options creating more design flexibility – a rectangular base plate side mount for a clean mounting solution, a node-style side mount for a minimalistic installation look and an oval side mount base plate for a more linear, compact look.
“The Trex Commercial Products team has supplied railing for some of the largest projects in the country, and this wealth of experience provides us with the ability and expertise to achieve unrivaled customization and customer service,” said James E. Cline, president and CEO of Trex Company.
“Through Trex Commercial Products, we aim to expand the relationship with builders and architects across the category. We’re thrilled to make our debut with such a strong line-up of core products that lay the foundation for future innovation within the commercial railing industry.”
Trex Commercial Products will be on display during IBS at Booth #W3440. To learn more about Trex Commercial products, visit www.trexcommercial.com.