Reason for the shutdown
The photovoltaic cover glass market has seen continuous price decline due to oversupply, which resulted in deteriorating profitability of the Group’s business. Since operating losses at the site are unavoidable, the AGC Group has concluded that it has to urgently revise the Group’s production to meet the market environment, and it would be impossible to convert the plant to other type of production.
2. Subsidiary overview
1) Company name: AGC Glass Europe
2) Location: Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
3) Representative: Jean-François Heris
4) Capital: 346 million Euro
5) Ownership: AGC 100%
3. Subsidiary’s plant overview
1) Location: Roux, Belgium
2) Employees: 190
3) Products: Photovoltaic cover glass (patterned glass)
4) Facilities: A furnace for patterned glass, tempering/coating lines, etc.
4. Financial impact
The plant closure is expected to cost approx. 4.7 billion Japanese yen in expenses for restructuring programs which will be recorded in the second quarter of this fiscal year. The AGC Group will make a prompt announcement if there are any changes to the current forecast.
Junichi Kobayashi, General Manager, Corporate Communications & Investor Relations
AGC Asahi Glass Co., Ltd.
(Contact: Yasuo Sugiyama; Tel: +81-3-3218-5603; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)