The company’s criteria for Excellent Supplier Awards include quality, commercial value, delivery, documentation, innovation, responsiveness, sustainability and participation in PPG's Supplier Added Value Effort ($AVE) program.
PPG executives Dick Beuke (far left), vice president, flat glass, and Steve Lampe (far right), vice president, purchasing and logistics, present a 2014 PPG Excellent Supplier Award to Maverick Transportation executives (from left) Steve Williams, chairman and chief executive officer, and Stephen Selig, president and chief operating officer.
PPG representatives Ram Vadlamannati (far left), vice president, architectural coatings, Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and Asia Pacific; Marta Dominiarczyk (third from left), general purchasing category manager, EMEA; Christine Camsuzou (second from right), director, purchasing and logistics, EMEA; and Jon Hatfield, director, general purchasing, EMEA, present a 2014 PPG Excellent Supplier Award to Cantarella & Molteni representatives (from left) Claudio Cantarella, sales manager; Marco Cantarella, technical and service manager; and Marco Molteni, production manager.
“We are pleased to recognize these suppliers, whose products, services, innovation and overall value in 2014 were outstanding,” said Steve Lampe, PPG vice president, corporate purchasing and logistics. “We consider them critical business partners who provide exceptional and significant competitive advantage to PPG.”
Companies earning the 2014 Excellent Supplier Award, and the products and services they provide, are:
- Cantarella & Molteni of Brianza, Italy, works proactively to improve processes and efficiency in providing color sample collections for PPG’s automotive refinish business in Europe and North America.
- Cleveland Steel Container, headquartered in Ohio, has supplied steel pails across PPG’s North American coatings businesses for more than 25 years and continues to seek savings opportunities and meet high quality standards.
- Maverick Transportation, North Little Rock, Arkansas, provides specialized truckload operations to PPG's flat glass business with an emphasis on continuous-improvement and cost-savings initiatives.
- Motion Industries, with headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama, provides industrial replacement parts and supplies and collaborates with PPG’s U.S. operations on sustainability-focused and cost-savings projects.
- Noahs Ark Chemicals, based in London, provides PPG's automotive refinish business in Europe with timely delivery of various chemicals and support to help reduce costs and working capital.
- pack2pack, based in the Netherlands, is an exceptionally flexible supplier of metal packaging that helps PPG's coatings businesses in Europe reduce costs and streamline processes.
- PCCR USA, a U.S. subsidiary of Polynt Group with headquarters in Carpentersville, Illinois, has adopted PPG processes and methodology in its own resin-production facilities to support PPG's resins group.
- THOR Group, El Segundo, California, is a class leader in bacterial control that has helped PPG's architectural coatings technical team realize savings in North America, Europe and Asia.
- Unimin Corp., New Canaan, Connecticut, has long provided non-metallic industrial minerals for PPG’s glass manufacturing operations, helping control costs through both pricing and inventory-reduction efforts.
PPG: BRINGING INNOVATION TO THE SURFACE.™
PPG Industries' vision is to be the world’s leading coatings company by consistently delivering high-quality, innovative and sustainable solutions that customers trust to protect and beautify their products and surroundings. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG provides added value to customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in more than 70 countries around the world. Reported net sales in 2014 were $15.4 billion. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol:PPG). For more information, visit www.ppg.com and follow @PPGIndustries on Twitter.
Bringing innovation to the surface is a trademark of PPG Industries Ohio, Inc.