A must for anyone considering a home makeover or attic conversion, the VELUX Group's new MyDaylight app virtually brings your room to life.
From today, you will be able to see how daylight can reinvigorate and benefit your home on your iPhone or Android smartphone, as the global roof window leader’s app launches in the App Store and Google Play Store.
Built using new advanced gaming technology, this free tool enables you to experience the effect of daylight in a room and get an immersive experience through 3600 and virtual reality simulations.
Daylight is vital to our health and well-being. Yet many create areas in the home without considering the impact daylight can have.
MyDaylight is the first ever app that makes daylight tangible, giving you the ability to experiment with it, and understand how it can transform a living space.
You can design a real room in the home by easily selecting parameters such as floor dimensions, roof height and ceiling pitch and then customise further by adding windows, floor and wall finishes, the room’s location, and much more.
After approximately ten minutes, you will receive a personal digital simulation which can be viewed in 3600 or virtual reality, giving a life-like recreation of the room and the changing effects of daylight inside. It’s as easy as that!
„Daylight can not only create the feeling of more space in a room, but it also provides benefits in terms of comfort and wellbeing. We know, however, that homeowners struggle to visualise the impact daylight can have in their home – and that’s why we created the MyDaylight app. We hope homeowners across the globe will find it useful in developing their home makeover ideas while enjoying the immersive experience 3600 and virtual reality can offer“, says Grant Sneddon, Daylight Expert, VELUX.
To imagine and design with daylight in mind you simply:
1. Download the MyDaylight app from the App Store or Google Play Store
2. Configure your space by plotting in data, such as floor dimensions and roof pitch
3. Create different daylight designs by playing with the positioning and size of windows
4. Within minutes, you will receive a notification that your personal daylight render is ready (expect around 1 minute for loading of your simulation the first time you see it, as it loads a big data file)
5. With the rendering saved on your phone, you will be able to experience the room in both 360° and VR formats. By using VR goggles it will make you feel as if you were standing in the middle of the room you just created!
You can play with endless scenarios and designs and create as many simulations as you like. Time and imagination are the only limits.
The MyDaylight app is totally free of charge for everyone and available in the Apple App and Google Play Stores from today, Monday 29 January 2018 in Great Britain, Ireland, Denmark, Austria, Belgium and Slovenia, and on 30 Jan in Germany.
In February, it will be available in Poland, Switzerland, the Netherlands, the Czech Republic, Spain and Hungary, and more countries are to follow later in the year.
A version for the US will be available later in the year.