Price declines in the quarter were in line with previous quarters.
- Sequentially, telecommunications sales increased 8% (10%* excluding the impact of the divestiture of the company’s submarine cabling business in the second quarter).
Fourth-Quarter Outlook Highlights
- Sales are expected in the range of $1.50 billion to $1.55 billion.
- EPS is expected in the range of $0.36 to $0.38 before special items.*
- Display volume is expected to be up 2% to 5% sequentially, and consistent with the overall glass market growth.
- Telecommunications sales are expected to decline about 10% sequentially, in line with normal seasonal patterns.
Wendell P. Weeks, chairman and chief executive officer, said, “Corning delivered a robust third quarter with excellent performance in our Display Technologies and Telecommunications segments. As we expected, telecommunications sales improved in the quarter.”
Read the entire results here