The fire, caused by an employee's accidental ignition of wood with a soldering torch, destroyed more than half of the structure, Mazza said.
"The whole showroom and office area were destroyed. The heated area where we do our work was destroyed. The area with three overhead doors was destroyed," Mazza said.
Because of the damage, the company moved its headquarters across Maple Street to the Community Action Agency building, also owned by Mazza.
"We had to move everything and create a makeshift workshop with portable heaters. But we were up and running the next morning, eight hours after the fire," Mazza said. "Everyone really stuck together."
Since the October blaze, much of the building has been restored and employees were able to return to the facility "just before Christmas," Mazza said.
"The office and showroom has been rebuilt, and that is the most important part. We have heat back in those places as well."
Mazza said that they are still waiting for the workshop area behind the office and the second story of the building to be finished, but that construction should be done in February.
Mazza said that he did not know the total cost of reconstruction, but that the only expenses his company endured were insurance deductibles.
"We didn't even do less business, really ... Everything has been covered by insurance," Mazza said.
Mazza said that despite the close call, he is optimistic about the new year's business and even more confident in his staff.
"Those were some pretty dark days, but we got through them," Mazza said.