The simple design algorithm is based on the spectral analysis of a typical glass breakage signal by analyzing signal characteristics such as peak content, number of zero crossings, and frequency composition.A glass breakage alert is indicated by an onboard buzzer and an LED. The robust glass-breakage detector includes an extra thud detection stage before actual glass-breakage detection to avoid false triggering of the glass-breakage detector for sound events with signal spectrum similar to a glass-break sound.
- Fully integrated, single-chip glass breakage detector
- As low as 50µA average current consumption during monitoring operation
- Implements high power output horn driver stage capable of up to 106dB
- Addition of thud detection for better false trigger rejection (Robust only)
- Integrated Op-amps provide on-the-fly configurable filtering stages for signal detection and processing
- This reference design is tested and includes firmware, hardware design files & documentation
- Hardware based on this design can also be ordered from Olimex.com