Date: 9 January 2023
The public review and comment period are scheduled to run from Dec. 30, 2022 – Feb. 13, 2023.
Six NFRC technical documents are now open for public review, comment, and the full ANSI consensus process. Those with changes are presented in underline/strikethrough format).
- NFRC 100: Procedure for Determining Fenestration Product U-factors,
- NFRC 200: Procedure for Determining Fenestration Product Solar Heat Gain Coefficient and Visible Transmittance at Normal Incidence,
- NFRC 202: Procedure for Determining Translucent Fenestration Product Visible Transmittance at Normal Incidence,
- NFRC 203: Procedure for Determining Visible Transmittance of Tubular Daylighting Devices,
- NFRC 400: Procedure for Determining Fenestration Product Air Leakage, and
- NFRC 500: Procedure for Determining Fenestration Product Condensation Index Rating.
The announcement that these documents are open to public comment appeared in Standards Action on Dec. 30, 2022, marking the beginning of the open public comment period. With the documents being available electronically (via THIS LINK), the comment period is 45 days, ending on Feb. 13, 2023.
All changes subject to public review have been previously balloted and approved by NFRC membership and the Board of Directors.
The documents up for review, additional details, and applications for joining the Committee are available on the ANS Standards Committee group page, which is open to the public.
Add new comment