The buzz from the Show floor was that this latest innovative vinyl fabrication system from GED is the first major change in the ideology of cleaning vinyl windows and doors in over 20 years.With the creation of ROBOCLEAN, GED has designed a corner cleaner integrating automation technologies that have been used effectively for years in markets where high volume, high quality, safety and precision are top priorities.The technology? ROBOTICS!
Applying robotic technology to the window and door industry allows for new profiles to be added with ease; complete cleaning all the way into corners with no need for touch ups; consistent, repeatable movements; multiple angles of attack and presentation of tools at unique and previously unattainable angles.
- Star Hub rotates to present tools at multiple angles
- Reach of the robotic arm enables tools to clean the square from underneath and off the corners
- 10 to 15 percent faster than current technology
- No longer limited to step movements
- ‘Chatter’ is eliminated on a contoured surface
- ‘ORTHOGONAL’ cleaning – engaging the tool to the profile at the optimum angle no matter what the contour of the profile
- Maximum utilization with minimal tooling
- Number of tools can vary, however the tools are not a limiting factor as to what you can clean
- Can clean multiple surfaces with a single tool presented in a variety of angles
- Fully enclosed and self‐contained
- Minimal exposed cabling reduces downtime. Minimal moving parts equals less cable wear
- No exposure to vinyl dust/chips to mechanical wear items
- Easy access tool changing
ROBOCLEAN (RC‐1000) is part of an entire GED family of robotic cleaners that are also offered in twin head or four head configurations – all of which are certain to revolutionize window fabrication for decades to come.
For more information, projected shipping dates, or to schedule a visit to GED to see ROBOCLEAN first hand, call 330.963.5401 and ask for a GED sales representative or visit www.gedusa.com. ROBOCLEAN (RC‐1000) video available at http://www.gedusa.com/ROBOCLEAN.php
About GED Integrated Solutions
GED Integrated Solutions is a worldwide supplier of fully integrated insulating glass and vinyl window and door fabrication systems, and the pioneer of the revolutionary Intercept i‐3 Warm Edge spacer frame production system. The company’s i‐3 platform works with its LeanNet® communications software to integrate every facet of a plant’s operation, increasing IG quality and production volumes and profits while decreasing operating costs and material wastage. GED’s commitment to innovation that addresses its customers’ needs is evidenced by the fact that 18 of the top 20 window and door manufacturers utilize GED’s equipment and software solutions.