Gas Poisoning Kills Three in East China Glass Factory

Three people are dead and three are in hospital after a toxic gas discharge in east China's Anhui Province. The accident occurred at 4:00 a.m. on Wednesday in Xinmin Glass Co.

Ltd., in Bengbu City, when five workers tried to rescue a colleague who was poisoned after inhaling carbon monoxide discharged from a coal furnace.

The gas accumulated after a coal-feeding machine overloaded and broke down, stopping the ventilation at the opening of the furnace.

The worker was attempting to fix the machine when the accident occurred.

Read the entire story here.

600450 Gas Poisoning Kills Three in East China Glass Factory
Date: 27 October 2007

See more news about:

See more from these topics:

Others also read

For the first time, LandGlass presented both of its core products.
AluK will showcase its superior, top-level products, and share its expertise in the field of windows and doors.
China Ginza Tokyo is a luxurious and unique building expressing the spirit of Chanel through a façade generating images and acting as lighting for the building.
LiSEC has taken over one hundred percent of Schraml Glastechnik GmbH domiciled in Großraming, Austria.
The main novelty on Neptun’s booth - hall 16 C57 - is the new module Quickdrill T8, with an automatic tools exchange featured, as the rest of the series Quick, by its speed: 8+8 positions, with a cycle time for the tool exchange of only 8 seconds!
Moen Glass PTY LTD, based in Victoria, Australia, was incorporated in 1984. It is a family owned manufacturing company, dedicated to servicing the glass and window industries throughout Australia.

From industry


Add new comment