Announcement of 4 June 2018).
AS 2047 is the mandatory minimum specification for windows and doors used in Australia and includes compliance to Glass Standard AS 1288. Except forlimited exceptions, all windows and glazed doors located in the external wall of a building are required to be tested to AS 2047.
As part of the standard, the following tests are undertaken to verify a window product’s performance claims:
- Deflection Test (AS 4420.2) - positive and negative pressures are applied to the window to test the maximum deflection under a wind load;
- Water Penetration Resistance Test (AS 4420.5) - thistest is used to ensure that there are no water leaks through the window into the building at the required pressure;
- Ultimate Strength Test (AS 4420.6) – this test applies negative and positive pressures to the window to ensure it does not fail at the required wind pressure;
- Operating Force Test (AS 4420.3) - to verify that an opening sash is capable of opening and closing without undue effort; and
- Air Infiltration Test (AS 4420.4) – this test measures air leakage of a window to ensure energy and acoustic efficiency.
Further in respect of its Australian Standards testing, ClearVue has recently joined the Australian Window Association (see: www.awa.org.au) (the AWA) as a member for the 2018 year.
The AWA is the peak window industry body in Australia and provides accreditation to approved members and their products. The Australian Window Association is made up of over 600 window manufacturers and industry suppliers throughout Australia. Members of the association have products tested to Australian Standard AS2047.
The objective of the AWA giving accreditation is:
- to ensure that its members manufacture their products in accordance with the fabrication details on their AS 2047 test reports;
- to continuously verify that product ratings and labelling requirements are maintained to provide meaningful consumer information for comparison of a product’s performance;
- to enable architects, specifiers and building inspectors to meet or enforce compliance with Building Codes in Australia;
- to ensure manufactured product being supplied to the market by a member company are compliant and have passed the AS 2047 Physical Tests; and
- to undertake market surveillance of window products and to ensure compliance to AS 2047 through independent physical testing.
ClearVue is separately undertaking AS 4284 certification testing on the Company’s glass curtain wall product with the results expected to be provided to the market in August 2018.
ClearVue is pleased to announce that it has also commenced accreditation and certification in Europe where a CE mark is being sought. The results are expected to be received by the end of August 2018. The Company intends to commence US certification in the next quarter.
ClearVue Product Launch
As part of the company’s commercialisation plan, ClearVue will be showcasing its products at AWA’s Fenestration Australia 2018 conference in Port Douglas, Queensland, to be held from 19th to 20th of September, 2018.
ASX Announcement 3 Commenting on completion of the Australian Standards testing and the AWA accreditation and audit process, ClearVue Executive Chairman Victor Rosenberg has said:
“The accreditation by the AWA of the ClearVue window product to AS 2047 represents a giant leap forward for the company. With this step we have now moved from being a research company into a commercial operation and are now able to commercialise our product in the Australian market. We are on track with the business plan outlined in our Prospectus and look forward to being able to announce to the market similar certifications and accreditations shortly.”