Asahi India Glass Ltd. (AIS), India’s leading integrated glass company, has come up with an exclusive glass solution called the AIS World of Glass- an app that lets users channel their imagination and visualize glass customizations for their home and office. The app was developed with the help of FutureSoft, a gold-certified partner of Microsoft. It runs on the Trumpet mobile marketing and communication engine, and is hosted on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform and SQL server.
With an array of offerings and highly advanced glass solutions tailor-made for the architectural segment, the company has always banked upon tremendous opportunity for customization in the industry. However, the roadblock lay in enabling customers to visualize these products.
Vikram Khanna, COO – Consumer Glass, COO – Architectural Institutional Business, CMO, CIO, Asahi India Glass, said, “Say, a pergola or a canopy, usually people follow a set style for these, the fact is they don’t have to. There is a lot that can be customized and it is only limited by their imagination. We wanted to nurture the imagination of our consumers, so that they can dream better designs and bring them to reality.”
He further added, “AIS has always encouraged innovation be it in terms of glass products and solutions or marketing initiatives. We continue to leverage technology to provide a unique experience in our interactions with the customers. The mobile app is a great medium to showcase the value proposition of our products.”
The company, therefore, sought the services of FutureSoft, who suggested using their Trumpet software after thoroughly analysing the business objective. Trumpet’s advanced features allow buyer decisions to be made rapidly.
Utilizing images and videos, Trumpet created an app that provides a unique user interface to customers, thus enabling them to experience various AIS Glass solutions.
To host such a huge repository of images and videos, FutureSoft roped in the services of the cost-effective and efficient cloud hosting platform Microsoft Azure. This ensured that the customer has a smooth experience while operating the app.
The Azure platform provides a wide range of benefits that translate into powerful app usage and performance, along with seamless new media availability to all users without any time lag.
- Scalability: Powered by Azure, Trumpet ensured that the app can be easily scaled according to requirement, despite being a media rich application with various formats like images, videos and animations.
- Data residency: Low data latency and high performance was a direct consequence of the app being hosted on Azure’s India data centres. This eliminated app downtime, resulting in a seamless user experience.
- Easy Maintenance: Azure PaaS AppService and SQL Azure require close to zero administrative intervention since they are self-managed platforms. This results in hassle-free management banking upon Azure’s PaaS deployments.
Thanks to Azure, the marketing and sales team could promote the product even further. Mandeep Singh Puri, Director, FutureSoft, commented, “Microsoft Azure’s Platform-as-a-Service is cost-effective and scores high on reliability. AIS World of Glass is a media rich application that effectively uses BLOB Storage delivering high performance as the users flip through numerous glass solutions and their applications.”
The AIS World of Glass app comes with a lot of exciting features:
- Solutions in Glass – Users can opt for various functional solutions, such as Acoustic, Privacy, Safety & Security, Aesthetic, and Energy-efficient solutions.
- Solutions for Windows – Users can browse through complete door and window solutions in uPVC and wood.
- Specialized Applications – Users can experience customized solutions and innovative glass applications such as glass staircases, infinity swimming pool, skylights, canopies, gazebos etc.
- Experience Zone – In this segment, users can learn more about privacy and security provided by glass via interactive demonstration of AIS Swytchglas, Glass with Integrated Blinds, AIS Stronglas, AIS Securityglas. etc.
- Contact Us & Queries – Users can send in their queries, and connect with the AIS team for the best glass solutions.
From product details and applications, to downloading swatches of various products and performance parameters, the AIS World of Glass is your one-stop shop for all glass requirements. It is easily available on Android and iOS, and is also equipped with a multilingual feature.