The list “Places where everyone wants to work” is published yearly by Expansion magazine. San Pedro Garza García, Nuevo León, Mexico, May 17, 2012 - Vitro wishes to announce that, as last year the Company has been acknowledged as one of the “Super Companies 2012”, in the over 3000 employee category.The list of companies is published every year by Expansion magazine, based on a methodology developed by the human resource consulting specialist The Top Companies.To award this distinction, several organizational culture factors are measured such as leadership, organizational cohesion, job satisfaction, employee motivation, personal and professional development of personnel, the definition and enforcement of policies, procedures and practices as well as social responsibility.Employees’ Quality of Life factors are also addressed including fairness, working conditions, tools to improve development, incentives as well as personnel motivation among several others.According to this ranking’s organizers, Vitro is one of the “Places where everyone wants to work” by being a company in the private sector where there is very high job satisfaction derived from an outstanding organizational climate, where transparency, communication, values and concern for collaborators and employees are determining factors.When addressing the prize, Hugo A.Lara García, Vitro CEO, stated: “It’s undeniable that when a corporation relies on a Culture in which workers feel a sense of belonging and of commitment. There are no challenges that cannot be faced successfully. Here at Vitro, we have experienced challenging times, but have nevertheless emerged partly in due because our personnel are completely identified and committed to the Company, thus making them the most valuable asset for the Organization.”
He added that: “To accomplish this kind of recognition, implies aligning the interests of our collaborators alongside those of the Company. Thus it is unsurprising to find a full agreement in themes such as leadership, communication, professional development and social responsibility. Here at Vitro, we fully acknowledge having accomplished a healthy work environment, a commitment to the organization, job satisfaction as well as personal development alongside many other attributes.”
Simultaneously, Javier Uriegas De León, Director of Quality and Human Development said: “We are convinced that measuring the quality of life of our employees is crucial towards the building of a better company. We are profoundly satisfied to participate in this process because it allows us to obtain valuable information to attune policies, practices and procedures that contribute towards the improvement of both the cultural organization and the work climate, in order to unleash Vitro’s true potential.”
The evaluation is based on two measuring tools: first a 100 item questionnaire designed to capture the employee perception regarding several factors such as culture and organizational climate, as well as the revision and evaluation of Company policies, practices and procedures. Employees account for 80% of the evaluation while other documents stand for the other 20%.
This year 607 different corporations were evaluated, out of which, 475 were unable to attain certification. The companies are presented in 3 categories: those with over 3000 employees, those holding between 500 and 3000 employees and those with under 500 employees. Vitro was acknowledged, for a second straight year among corporations with over 3000 employees.
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V. (BMV: VITROA), is the leading glass manufacturer in Mexico and one of the world’s major glass companies, backed by more than 100 years of experience in the industry. Founded in 1909 in Monterrey, Mexico, the company currently has subsidiaries in America and Europe, which offer quality products and reliable services to meet the needs of two different types of business: glass containers and flat glass. Companies of Vitro produce, process, distribute and market a wide range of glass articles which are part of the daily life of thousands of people. Vitro offers solutions for multiple markets including food, drinks, wines, liquors, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals, as well as for the architectural and automotive sectors. The company is also a supplier of raw materials, machinery and equipment for industrial use. As a socially responsible company, Vitro implements various initiatives to contribute in improving the quality of life of its employees, providing support to the communities where it is present, preserving the environment and favoring an ethical and transparent management. For more information, please consult the website: http://www.vitro.com