We integrate switchable glass components, electronics and software into environmentally friendly solutions that bring value to our customers.Our latest product concept D-Mu™ is a smart display case based on SPD electronically switchable glass, which reduces the photo-chemical deterioration on light sensitive works of art such as ancient books, photographs, paintings and textiles.
When a visitor approaches the smart display case, a proximity sensor activates the vitrine into a transparent state, allowing the visitor to enjoy the work of art.
When no-one is present, the display case automatically turns opaque, protecting the museum piece from damaging UV-, visible and near infra-red light.
- Reduces museum lighting by only illuminating pieces if someone is present
- Reduces need for expensive UV filters and window shades
- Reduces museum piece restoration costs thanks to lower levels of light exposure
- Level of protection is configurable per museum artefact
- Permits use of natural lighting in museum without risk of damage to displayed works
- Use of natural light improves health and enjoyment of museum staff and visitors
- Increases the lifetime of light-sensitive works of art
We offer additional smart information services to allow:
- Exact measurement of the total light exposure time per museum item. From this estimate of light damage we can calculate the resulting restoration costs and planned restoration dates
- Count the number of visits this year received per displayed museum item (or for all items on show). This can help museum display planners to relocate museum pieces or remove items which receive few visits
For an illustrative video, a technical White Paper and our contact details, you can find us at: