SentryGlas® Expressions™ is applied to Polyvinyl Butyral (PVB) interlayers by using high-resolution ink jet printers with specially formulated inks to create an image-carrying safety glass interlayer.This interlayer is then supplied to a glass laminator, who completes the glass by adding any finishing touches required for the glass or its installation.
This imaging system for decorative glass enables virtually any image – a design, photograph, solid colour or continuous tone – to be reproduced in laminated safety glass. Interlayers decorated with SentryGlas® Expressions™ are available through a global network of trained licensees that can supply printed PVB using this technology. And, while SentryGlas® Expressions™ can be visually dramatic, it is also strong and practical, using proven interlayer technology to meet safety glass code requirements such as ANSI Z97. Production time is surprisingly fast compared to other methods for producing decorative glass, as the digital printing technology is applied directly.
Benefits of SentryGlas® Expressions™:
- Not limited to stock colours or screens as it uses a full-colour palette.
- Enables continuous tones or tonal shifts in any image.
- Versatile technology, particularly when reproducing subtle differences within an image.
- Uses proven interlayer technology to meet safety glass code requirements.
- Processing time is fast, efficient and versatile compared to other methods for decorating glass.
- Proofs can be generated in days rather than weeks. Quick and easy to make amendments to images.
- Allows the creation of a wide range of transparency levels within a single laminate pane.
To view a selection of projects completed by our SentryGlas® Expressions™ licensees in Flickr and Pinterest Galleries, please visit:
|SentryGlas® Expressions™ on Flickr ››|
|SentryGlas® Expressions™ on Pinterest ››|
|For more information on SentryGlas® Expressions™, please visit our website ››|