Saint-Gobain's Packaging Sector Expands in Chile

Date: 5 September 2006
Saint-Gobain's Packaging Sector has just gained control of BO Glass Containers SA, which has begun construction of a wine bottle plant in Rosario, located in a winegrowing region south of Santiago (Chile).

Saint-Gobain acquired 51 percent of the company through a capital increase, with the historic shareholders led by Juan Obach and Felix Bacigalupo retaining the remaining 49 percent. BO Glass Containers SA will now change its name to Saint-Gobain Envases SA.

600450 Saint-Gobain's Packaging Sector Expands in Chile
Date: 5 September 2006

See more news about:

Others also read

Owners of Lincoln Glass in Newport, Dan and Elayne Mason, celebrated their 50th anniversary in the business this year. Dan's parents, John and Grace Mason, established Lincoln Glass in 1956 and oversaw day-to-day operations for 20 years.
Potters Industries Inc., an affiliate of PQ Corporation, announced today that, effective February 15, 2007, the price on all Metal Finishing Glass Bead and Ground Glass product shipments will increase up to 3 cents a pound.
Edward A. Shriver Jr., a Pittsburgh architect who works in retail store design, encourages architects and retail owners alike to "think outside the box," light years away from the designs that have dominated American retail architecture in recent decades.
Hoya Corp., Japan's largest optical glass maker, agreed to buy camera maker Pentax Corp. for 90.6 billion yen ($765 million) to add endoscopes and surgical scissors.
Strange specimens of natural glass found in the Egyptian desert are products of a meteorite slamming into Earth between 100,000 and 200,000 years ago, scientists have concluded. reported that Tarnaveni (Romania)-based Gecsat, estimates an approximately 6.4 million-euro turnover for this year, a 16% drop against last year, when the company posted a 7.6 million-euro turnover.

Add new comment