Innovative products — such as VOC-scavenging materials, photovoltaic roofing technology, highly-sustainable countertops and hybrid insulation solutions — will be on display along with information on high-profile
In addition, a new carbon calculator developed by CertainTeed Building Scientist Lucas Hamilton and Sustainable Solutions Corporation of Royersford, Pa., will make its debut at the show. The calculator tracks the carbon offset of the company's energy-saving and energy-generating products that are installed in North American homes and buildings. Based on data from the U.S Environmental Protection Agency, the carbon reductions of installed Saint-Gobain products on an annual basis is equivalent to the carbon dioxide emissions produced by more than 300,000 passenger vehicles or the amount of electricity needed to power more than 189,000 homes.
"As the global leader in sustainable building solutions, Saint-Gobain is making significant contributions to the built environment in North America as demonstrated by our newly established carbon calculator," said John Crowe, president and CEO of Saint-Gobain and CertainTeed. "The calculator provides valuable data on how our products ultimately protect and preserve the environment, offsetting over 3 billion pounds of CO2 each year."
The Saint-Gobain exhibit will include the following products, which are designed for use in residential and commercial applications:
- CertainTeed AirRenew® gypsum board and ADFORS Novelio® CleanAir wallcovering that contribute to healthy indoor air quality;
- CertainTeed Hybrid Insulation System , a cost-effective approach in maximizing occupant comfort and energy savings;
- Sound-absorbing materials, such as CertainTeed Ecophon® Solo™ high-density fiberglass ceiling panels, CertainTeed SilentFX™ gypsum board and Green Glue noiseproofing compound that maximize acoustical control in interior spaces; and,
- Grenite® Engineered Stone Countertops , which offer the highest post-consumer recycled content currently available in the market.
- Industry-leading solar products, including Saint-Gobain Solar' AVANCIS PowerMax® photovoltaic modules and SolarGard® window film;
- Norton® Thermalbond® architectural foam spacers and tapes that enhance energy efficiency in curtain walls and window systems;
- Durable materials that protect homes and buildings during construction and beyond, such as CertainTeed CertaWrap™ weather resistive barrier and CertainTeed GlasRoc® exterior sheathing; as well as,
- CertainTeed WeatherBoards™ fiber cement siding and CertainTeed CedarBoards™ insulated siding that offer long-lasting performance and boost curb appeal.
In addition to Booth #4359N, Saint-Gobain's family of companies will host exhibits for Saint-Gobain ADFORS (#4459N) and SageGlass (#4353N) as well as Saint-Gobain's NOVA Innovation Competition (#4463N). Saint-Gobain, in partnership with YouthBuild USA , will also hold an educational session on affordable green housing at 8 a.m. on Nov. 15 (West Building, Room 2009). For updates on Saint-Gobain activity throughout Greenbuild, visit www.saint-gobain-northamerica.com/greenbuild or follow the Twitter hashtag #SGgreen.
Dina Silver Pokedoff, APR
External Communications Manager, Saint-Gobain North America