It is a symbolic milestone that provides us with an opportunity to remind everyone of our history, our finest achievements and the passion that has driven us since the Company was established in 1665. Such longevity proves to us that it is necessary, now more than ever, to have a sense of the long term. The peace-of-mind, responsiveness and confidence that our Company has always displayed have enabled us to adapt to the world’s changes, to overcome obstacles and take up challenges. This anniversary encourages us to nurture and pass on this state of mind. Put together from the archives built up by Saint‑Gobain over these three and half centuries, this virtual exhibition will provide everyone with insight into the Company’s memory » said Pierre-André de Chalendar, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Saint-Gobain.
This exhibition has been arranged to facilitate your visit. Its content is accessible via several entry points so that each person can explore the content according to his or her preferences and interests, the history of the Company, industry and the many periods to which Saint‑Gobain has been a witness and active participant.
The various modules
– A timeline with 22 dates to learn about the main periods in the Company’s history.
– A 3D reconstruction of the Manufacture de Saint-Gobain glassworks Mirror Glass Manufactory established in Saint-Gobain (Picardy, France) as it would have been in operation in 1785.
– A gallery of innovations showcasing Saint-Gobain’s contributions to architectural revolutions and changes to housing from 1665 to 2065.
– A gallery of portraits of the Company’s leaders, inventors and employees who have personified the “company spirit”.
– Six themes to explore the exhibition’s 700 documents thematically (Transformation of Material, From – Advertising to Marketing, Saint-Gobain throughout the World, Major Achievements, The World of Work, and Corporate Governance and Culture.)
In order to reflect the extraordinary diversity of Saint-Gobain and to address as broad a public as possible, the exhibition is available in five languages (French, English, German, Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese).
Click here to download the press kit.
To visit the virtual exhibition click here.
In 2015, Saint-Gobain is celebrating its 350th anniversary, 350 reasons to believe in the future. Backed by its experience and its capacity to continuously innovate, Saint-Gobain, the world leader in the habitat and construction market, designs, manufactures and distributes high-performance and building materials providing innovative solutions to the challenges of growth, energy efficiency and environmental protection. With 2014 sales of €41 billion, Saint-Gobain operates in 64 countries and has over 180,000 employees. For more information about Saint-Gobain, visit www.saint-gobain.com and the twitter account @saintgobain .