This special workshop is open to all architects, designers and other professionals who aspire to be surrounded by the latest presentations on what makes world-class high rise buildings a success.
The day-long program will feature seven renowned speakers who come with years of international experience and fresh learnings for what works with the coming of high rise buildings. How do you know what makes a good façade? What should the specifications and quality be to ensure the best outcome?
Answers to these and many other questions will be presented and discussed interactively during the workshop.
According to Dr. Leon Jacob, the originator of this special workshop idea, “We aimed to tailor make the day from our experience to the issues that structural engineers and architects are facing here in Finland. This is an opportunity for everyone here to build for the future. An increasing number of high rise buildings will be coming to Finland; it’s only a matter of time. So, this is a unique chance to learn from everyone else’s mistakes!”
The High Rise Workshop held for the first time in 2015 was a huge success. According to Keith Boswell of SOM in San Francisco: “We planned this workshop to be a special opportunity to see different approaches for problem solving – and looking at case studies beyond the borders of Finland and Northern Europe. Our aim is to make design opportunities and technologies as tangible as possible for the design community here.”
This year’s GPD High Rise Workshop speaker lineup:
- Leon Jacob – Principal, Jacob & Associates
- Keith Boswell – Partner, SOM San Francisco
- Peter Smithson – Managing Director, BG&E Facades Pty. Limited
- James Carpenter – Principal, James Carpenter Design Associates Inc.
- Thomas Henriksen – Technical Director, Global Façade Leader, Mott MacDonald
- Oliver Ng – Director, Practice Manager, BG&E Facades Pty. Limited
- Lisa Follman – Associate, SOM San Francisco
Looking forward to building up new contacts and horizons with you on June 27!