Following a competitive pitch, show organizers Emap Maclaren selected CIB based on its experience in the glazing industry, exhibition promotion and raising visitor numbers, its exhibitor liaison skills and its proactive approach to motivating the show’s key target audiences.
Says Claire Shilling, Marketing Manager, Emap Maclaren: “There is a real desire to re-establish Glassex-GP&T and evolve it into a show that is relevant to audiences from fabricators and installers through to architects and local authority specifiers. Exhibitions should offer all-round value to all visitors, with engaging, enlightening and well designed participation elements – as well as being a fun experience and we fully intend to bring this to both shows. CIB fully understands these aims and is committed to working with us to ensure that Glassex-GP&T 2008 sets a benchmark for the future.”
Plans for developing the show, which will be held at the NEC from 8 – 10 April 2008, are already underway and include:
· Late night opening – a chance to do business for longer, with Glassex-GP&T open until 7pm on the Wednesday night
· The Glassex Forum - business briefings for fabricators and installers featuring leading industry figures, a Question Time session and a charity auction
· The Conservatory Design Competition – an opportunity for the industry to reward excellence
· The Gold Club – the Glassex VIP programme will run again after its successful debut in 2007
· GP&T Seminar programme – dedicated training lectures and business clinics for exhibition visitors