Unique in the glass industry, our ethos “Your glass. Our World.” perfectly encompasses our holistic approach to customers, the environment, our staff and stakeholders.
The GLASSOLUTIONS Saint-Gobain zone with the CMS Innovation Hub.
Benefiting from a rich heritage in glass and glazing which spans over 140 years, today GLASSOLUTIONS Saint-Gobain has a turnover in excess of £110 million and currently employs more than 1000 people in the UK.
Being part of the Saint-Gobain group means we can provide invaluable access to the resources of the world leader in the habitat and construction markets. This 350 year old business has global sales of €42.1 billion, operating in 64 countries with around 195,000 employees, providing unrivalled corporate strength and vital supply chain assurance. This offers customers total confidence in terms of product reliability, integrity and longevity, plus – importantly – warranty provision.
Alongside sister companies including British Gypsum, Isover and Weber, GLASSOLUTIONS Saint-Gobain offers a range of high performance energy-saving products and solutions to help create a more sustainable built environment – delivered through Saint-Gobain’s substantial research and development strategy.
We are constantly pushing the boundaries in the application of glass technology to drive better building performance. We recently completed an extensive research project with the University of Salford in which a typical 1919 terraced house was reconstructed in a fully environmentally controllable chamber to test and monitor the performance of building components – most notably the glass.
We are also at the forefront of driving the industry forward, being an active member of the GGF advising on thermal, security and safety issues and one of our team holding the current Presidency.
Solutions for every challenge
GLASSOLUTIONS Saint-Gobain has a wealth of technical expertise – in house and within the group. This means we are ideally positioned to advise on how today’s technically advanced glass products can be integrated into the building envelope to address key issues. These include:
- Thermal comfort – the lowest U-values and stable internal temperatures
- Solar control – reducing the risk of summer-time overheating
- Acoustic insulation – extra protection in for noisy locations
- Fire protection – using glazing effectively without compromising safety
- Aesthetics – achieving superb visual appeal, externally and internally
Our most popular products
- ECOCLEAR – high performance double and triple glazed sealed units
- PLANITHERM – family of low-e glass products for superior thermal insulation
- EMALIT EVOLUTION – high quality enamelled coloured glass
- COOL-LITE – range of solar control glazing for sustainable buildings
- SAGEGLASS – electronically tintable glass which is adaptable to the sunlight
- CREA-LITE – moulded glass available in various colours, textures and translucencies
- CONTRAFLAM – range of fully insulating, clear, fire-resistant safety glass
- STADIP SILENCE – acoustic laminated glass for a quieter internal environment
- TEX GLASS – a laminated glass with beautiful fabrics encapsulated inside
- VITRIO – range of coloured, backpainted glass for interiors
Find out more at www.glassolutions.co.uk