Glass Company Doubles Size With 144,000-SF Lease

Tamarac-based Arch Aluminum & Glass Co. has signed a 10-year, 144,000-sf lease at 3000 NW 125th St. in the Gratigny Industrial submarket’s Seaboard Industrial Park.

The expansion more than doubles the square footage currently occupied by Arch in the same building.

West Conshohocken, PA-based Seagis Property Group, which has purchased more than one million sf in industrial assets in the Miami-Dade market since March 2005, is in the process of relocating two existing tenants at the 175,000-sf property off site to accommodate Arch’s expansion plans.

“We took a building that was fully leased and restructured the tenancy to accommodate the growth of a really good tenant,” says Charlie Lee, principal with Seagis. “The other businesses were changing and there was an opportunity to recapture their space before their lease was up. This building was our first acquisition in Miami in March 2005, and this transaction enabled us to structure a competitive and cost effective long-term solution of our tenant’s growth requirements while significantly enhancing the value and stability of our investment.”

Headquartered in a suburb of Philadelphia, Seagis--which has holdings in several markets along the Eastern seaboard, including Central and Northern New Jersey and the Baltimore/Washington corridor--has focused its operations on Miami-Dade recently. The company acquired 12 buildings in seven transactions, making it one of the most active buyers of industrial property in South Florida last year. Those properties are 100% leased, according to Lee.

“Seagis made this a seamless transaction for our organization, responding quickly and flexibly to our business needs,” says Leon Silverstein, president and CEO of Arch Aluminum, a family-owned business with roots in the glass and glazing industry dating back to 1898 and 27 locations nationwide.

Both landlord and tenant were represented in-house during lease negotiations.

600450 Glass Company Doubles Size With 144,000-SF Lease
Date: 13 January 2006

See more news about:

Others also read

Owners of Lincoln Glass in Newport, Dan and Elayne Mason, celebrated their 50th anniversary in the business this year. Dan's parents, John and Grace Mason, established Lincoln Glass in 1956 and oversaw day-to-day operations for 20 years.
Potters Industries Inc., an affiliate of PQ Corporation, announced today that, effective February 15, 2007, the price on all Metal Finishing Glass Bead and Ground Glass product shipments will increase up to 3 cents a pound.
Edward A. Shriver Jr., a Pittsburgh architect who works in retail store design, encourages architects and retail owners alike to "think outside the box," light years away from the designs that have dominated American retail architecture in recent decades.
Hoya Corp., Japan's largest optical glass maker, agreed to buy camera maker Pentax Corp. for 90.6 billion yen ($765 million) to add endoscopes and surgical scissors.
Strange specimens of natural glass found in the Egyptian desert are products of a meteorite slamming into Earth between 100,000 and 200,000 years ago, scientists have concluded. reported that Tarnaveni (Romania)-based Gecsat, estimates an approximately 6.4 million-euro turnover for this year, a 16% drop against last year, when the company posted a 7.6 million-euro turnover.

Add new comment