It can look back on an eventful history. Founded under the name "Gevetex" in 1957, today it is the headquarters of the Textiles Business Unit, the most important supplier of glass filament products for textile applications worldwide.
On 1st January 1957, the name "Gevetex" appeared for the first time in a new corporate form, with the company name "Aachen-Gerresheimer Textilglasgesellschaft mbH - Gevetex". The company reached its maximum workforce in 1973 with a total of 2,227 employees. In the following years, however, the number of staff was steadily reduced, however, as a result of economically necessary production restrictions. A new concept was developed which, among other things, called for the specialization of the work on so-called niche products. Last year, 5μ threads were manufactured for the first time. In April 2006, the positive decision to repair the kiln set off a general sigh of relief at the works: Saint Gobain Vetrotex in Herzogenrath was saved!