This three-day event features numerous sessions reporting on current industry research, trends in manufacturing processes and procedures, and emerging product technologies.Effective breakout sessions will focus on topics relevant to the window, architectural door and other segments of our membership and industry. Outside the session halls, exclusive networking events will be the ideal place to find out about innovative products and services important to your business and product design. And returning this year, an off-site tour of a WDMA member manufacturing facility is planned. So make sure to set the dates aside now, and plan to be with us from Tuesday, June 4 - Thursday, June 6, 2013!
Additional information, including an updated program, registration, sponsorship, and exhibit opportunities, will be available in early April on the WDMA website at www.wdma.com. So mark your calendar to attend and be on the lookout for future announcements.
Preliminary Call for Presentations:
WDMA is currently soliciting presentations and technical papers for the Annual Technical Conference. Each presentation will be allotted one hour, which will include a limited Q&A session. Abstracts and a brief biography need to be e-mailed to Jeff Lowinski, Vice President of Technical Services by Monday, March 25th, 2013 to:
Vice President of Technical Services
Potential Subject Areas:
- Technology Transfer: Opportunities, case histories, and "how-to" examples of applied research outreach from government laboratories or sponsored research.
- Quality Assurance and Reliability: Practical testing research for components and systems; test methods and correlations to real-life reliability; data and case studies.
- Productivity Improvement, Automation, Strategic Outsourcing: Lean processes & examples from industry, safety improvement, case studies, zero waste, etc.
- Technology Trends/Sustainability: Technology drivers; new technology assessments and review methods; environmental issues and pressures within the US and abroad; conservation and recycling; product development research; applied science; new technology.
- Codes, Standards, and Testing: Code and regulatory issues affecting the industry.
# # #
The Window & Door Manufacturers Association is the premier trade association representing the leading manufacturers of residential and commercial window, door and skylight products for the domestic and export markets. WDMA members are focused on Total Product Performance™ products that are designed and built to performance-based standards. The association is focused on key member needs in the areas of advocacy, product performance, education and information and facilitating business interactions and relationships in the fenestration eco-system. For more information, please visit www.wdma.com.